THE BEST BLACK FRIDAY SALES

Yoox

20% Off With Code: YOOXGIVING

Moda Operandi

Black Friday Sale

Neiman Marcus

Up To 40% Off Designer Sale

Saks Fifth Ave

Up To 60% Off Selected Styles

Nordstrom

Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Where do you get your bags repaired?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 23, 2012, 5:08pm   #16
c
coachblossom
Member
hey guys im new here and cuz of that i cant start my own thread but what do u guys do about rusted/discolored handles? i was given a used coach bag this one here
http://www.polyvore.com/coach_op_art...ng?id=12355950
and my was it used! stains and rusted handles, i got the stains mostly out..white is always so quickly damaged. but the handles are awful looking...like the fabric is covered in shiny silver material that i guess peeled off but it is a cute bag and id like to use it but i was thinking maybe of getting a silver marker for fabric and trying to color it in or something, watcha think?
thanks!!
Jul 23, 2012, 5:31pm   #17
Elliespurse's Avatar
Elliespurse
TPF Moderator
Originally Posted by coachblossom
hey guys im new here and cuz of that i cant start my own thread but what do u guys do about rusted/discolored handles? i was given a used coach bag this one here
http://www.polyvore.com/coach_op_art...ng?id=12355950
and my was it used! stains and rusted handles, i got the stains mostly out..white is always so quickly damaged. but the handles are awful looking...like the fabric is covered in shiny silver material that i guess peeled off but it is a cute bag and id like to use it but i was thinking maybe of getting a silver marker for fabric and trying to color it in or something, watcha think?
thanks!!
Hi and welcome! You could view this thread in the Coach forum for tips and also ask questions: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/how...ach-37590.html

Hope it helps.
Jul 23, 2012, 6:23pm   #18
c
coachblossom
Member
Originally Posted by Elliespurse
Hi and welcome! You could view this thread in the Coach forum for tips and also ask questions: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/how...ach-37590.html

Hope it helps.
ok i will thanks!! =D
Jul 23, 2012, 11:12pm   #19
gracekelly's Avatar
gracekelly
The Red Queen
i had Artbag repair a vintage LV clutch and their work was superb.
Jul 28, 2012, 8:28pm   #20
VuittonGal74's Avatar
VuittonGal74
Seasoned LV Lover
Good evening, all! Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but, I've never had a bag repaired by Vuitton (or by anyone else, period)...How does one go about in having a strap replaced, for instance? I have an older Saint Cloud GM that I'd like all the vachetta replaced, but I'm unsure which boutique near me (D.C) would take my bag in. Also, how long does a repair of this "magnitude" take (just the strap and the vachetta tab at the front of the bag closure)?

Thank you in advance!

--Lucy
Jul 29, 2012, 4:44am   #21
Elliespurse's Avatar
Elliespurse
TPF Moderator
Originally Posted by VuittonGal74
Good evening, all! Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but, I've never had a bag repaired by Vuitton (or by anyone else, period)...How does one go about in having a strap replaced, for instance? I have an older Saint Cloud GM that I'd like all the vachetta replaced, but I'm unsure which boutique near me (D.C) would take my bag in. Also, how long does a repair of this "magnitude" take (just the strap and the vachetta tab at the front of the bag closure)?

Thank you in advance!

--Lucy
Hi, you could also ask in the LV FAQ section here http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/

and there are more threads there too,
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...ms-761544.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...st-262384.html

Hope it helps.
Jul 29, 2012, 11:26am   #22
c
catsnbags
Member
Originally Posted by VuittonGal74
Good evening, all! Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but, I've never had a bag repaired by Vuitton (or by anyone else, period)...How does one go about in having a strap replaced, for instance? I have an older Saint Cloud GM that I'd like all the vachetta replaced, but I'm unsure which boutique near me (D.C) would take my bag in. Also, how long does a repair of this "magnitude" take (just the strap and the vachetta tab at the front of the bag closure)?

Thank you in advance!

--Lucy
I tried taking my mom's old speedy to get repaired (needs new zipper and hardware had weird green rusting) at both the LV store in Tyson's Corner (in the same building as Hermes) and the LV boutique in Bloomingdale's - and they both told me that they won't take/send bags to be repaired. I'm thinking of sending it to Fordham repair in NYC.
Jul 29, 2012, 7:23pm   #23
VuittonGal74's Avatar
VuittonGal74
Seasoned LV Lover
Originally Posted by Elliespurse
Hi, you could also ask in the LV FAQ section here http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/

and there are more threads there too,
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...ms-761544.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...st-262384.html

Hope it helps.
Thank you ever so much for pointing me in the right direction!

--Lucy!
Jul 29, 2012, 10:14pm   #24
j
joeve09
Member
Originally Posted by Rachelle07
I just go to the nearest bag repair shop near our apartment. Their service is okay. I just let them stitch torn linings inside.
well,me too! I just go only to the nearest bag repair..I trusted them because their service is good and can save money also.
Aug 18, 2012, 3:47pm   #25
p
petrapcwu
Member
Hi there! Just wondering if anyone has tried to repair their Givenchy bags in the UK before?
Some help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Aug 18, 2012, 8:28pm   #26
Chanbal's Avatar
Chanbal
Member
I hope I'm posting the right place. I have a Chanel Agenda and one of the rings (6-ring-Agenda) doesn't close completely. I'm looking for suggestions to where I should send it for repair. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jan 30, 2013, 3:02pm   #27
J
Jenw48
Member
I've been wondering this too--- thank you!
Feb 8, 2013, 12:24pm   #28
i
iamwright
Member
Send your bag to Rago Brothers in New Jersey. Dior uses them for repairs and also many other companies. Dior sent one of my vintage bags to them for repair and dyeing and they did an Excellent job! Looks like new! They are not cheap but worth every penny!
Feb 8, 2013, 7:57pm   #29
h
hotshot
Member
^ good tip...
Feb 27, 2013, 9:36pm   #30
5
50n1a
Member
If the designer does not repair the bag and it gets repaired at just a public place would it still be classified as 100% authentic?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools