Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbag Care & Maintenance

water stains on super soft leather?

POST A REPLY

Jan 20, 2008, 9:05am   #1
and hairy too
I have this bag that is made of very supple leather. The kind you can't take out in the rain or spill water on because it will immediately soak/stain into it. Do you ladies know of a good cleaner that can lift these types of water stains?
Thanks!
Feb 5, 2008, 9:27pm   #2
-for YSL!
Great question!

I was washing my hands after voting this evening and I spilled some water droplets on my bag . It hurts! Hoping for tips while I do some research! TIA!
Feb 5, 2008, 9:42pm   #3
Just relax...
You can get rid of water stains just be rewetting the area evenly with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel. I use bottled water only - and use a white cloth so there is no risk of color transfer

Try wetting it out to a seam, or if the spot is in the middle, just gradually fade it out evenly. I used this on my whiskey Chloe Silverado - it really works!
Feb 5, 2008, 11:53pm   #4
b
i've heard hallak cleaners in nyc is good, but expensive.
Feb 6, 2008, 2:52am   #5
-for YSL!
Thank you, C_addict! I will also keep hallak cleaners in mind, bagaholic72; I really appreciate your input!
Feb 6, 2008, 9:05pm   #6
Originally Posted by couture_addict
You can get rid of water stains just be rewetting the area evenly with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel. I use bottled water only - and use a white cloth so there is no risk of color transfer

Try wetting it out to a seam, or if the spot is in the middle, just gradually fade it out evenly. I used this on my whiskey Chloe Silverado - it really works!
Good to know, couture_addict -- I'll have to try it the next time I get a water spot on a bag.

When you think about it, frequently water spots are due to (a) residuals in the water being left behind or (b) migration of dye from the water. In the former case, using pure water (e.g. distilled) should dilute/move the residue around so that it's not as prominent.
Apr 13, 2008, 5:44pm   #7
sep
Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
bump... anyone?
Apr 13, 2008, 9:37pm   #8
g
once I get some spots, I usually wipe the whole area and it all blends. It's part of the beauty of natural leather sometimes.
Apr 14, 2008, 8:57am   #9
Plaisir D' Amour
good to know! I was just asking a similar question recently...it's been raining.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:25am   #10
I got water stained my leather bag. It already dried but the spot became a little shiny. Can leather conditioner balance out the color and leather composition like nothing happened?
Oct 24, 2012, 7:30pm   #11
what will i do to rejuvenate this spot due to dried water stain?

Oct 25, 2012, 1:06am   #12
Hey girls,

My pretty MOSCHINO got sum sort of a stain.. HELP!!! Don't know whn, don't know how! Now I know for sure it's not a water stain.. I'm guessing may be sum oil based make up or perfume.. Or i don't know.. what do u think it is???

Name:  image-3551681258.jpg
Views: 11712
Size:  341.6 KB

Does anyone know sum sort of a 'magic trick' tht'll work?? I'm open to any suggestions.. Hav zero experience with stains on handbags :(
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbag Care & Maintenance