Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Tinting/Dying LV Vernis?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 1, 2012, 12:00pm   #1
alisaxlee's Avatar
Thread Starter
alisaxlee
Alexa is Kinda Fancy
Okay, this is a long shot... but I have a small LV rose vernis zip coin wallet. This was one of the first vernis colors and came out in 1999. It's a soft creamy pink. Unfortunately, the color has really degraded and it just looks dirty.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to even out the darkened vernis? I know dying patent leather would have to be really involved, if it's even possible. But at this point, I don't use the wallet, and I'm willing to experiment a little bit.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.
Aug 1, 2012, 4:13pm   #2
LVoeletters's Avatar
LVoeletters
to chanel + cartier
^^I'd bring it back to an LV boutique and see if they could reglaze it.
Aug 23, 2012, 4:26pm   #3
plastic-fish's Avatar
plastic-fish
Member
Originally Posted by alisaxlee
Okay, this is a long shot... but I have a small LV rose vernis zip coin wallet. This was one of the first vernis colors and came out in 1999. It's a soft creamy pink. Unfortunately, the color has really degraded and it just looks dirty.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to even out the darkened vernis? I know dying patent leather would have to be really involved, if it's even possible. But at this point, I don't use the wallet, and I'm willing to experiment a little bit.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.
Hi there. Did you get any information from Vuitton? I have a couple of vernis pieces with some discoloring and was told there is nothing that could be done. However I'd love to hear if you were told something different. The two pieces I have that have discoloring were purchased pre-loved and was told the discoloration happens when light-colored vernis is left in the sunlight. So I try not to expose new pieces to direct sunlight but I'm curious to know if you were told of a way that gets rid of that discoloration.
Oct 23, 2012, 1:25am   #4
alisaxlee's Avatar
Thread Starter
alisaxlee
Alexa is Kinda Fancy
Originally Posted by LVoeletters
^^I'd bring it back to an LV boutique and see if they could reglaze it.
The thing is, the color has gone off as well, so I don't think reglazing would work. It seems like most people at LV are on the retail end of things and don't know this sort of stuff. Maybe I could try, though.
Oct 23, 2012, 1:26am   #5
alisaxlee's Avatar
Thread Starter
alisaxlee
Alexa is Kinda Fancy
Originally Posted by plastic-fish
Hi there. Did you get any information from Vuitton? I have a couple of vernis pieces with some discoloring and was told there is nothing that could be done. However I'd love to hear if you were told something different. The two pieces I have that have discoloring were purchased pre-loved and was told the discoloration happens when light-colored vernis is left in the sunlight. So I try not to expose new pieces to direct sunlight but I'm curious to know if you were told of a way that gets rid of that discoloration.
I haven't checked with LV, but I'm pretty sure I would get the same answer. Which vernis colors do you have?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools