Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbag Care & Maintenance

Cleaning a Blush Botkier Valentina?

POST A REPLY

May 18, 2012, 12:44am   #1
Pirinja
Hi. I posted this in the Valentina thread in the Botkier subforum but it's not too active so I thought I'd try here.

I bought a used Valentina satchel in Blush (a peach color). I has general dirt, especially on the handles and corners and needs an all over cleaning. The website says it's cowhide but it's very light and squishy and has a nap to it and almost no finish. It almost feels like goat or thick lamb skin.

I'll include a pic of one of the corners and of the back. The actual soil isn't really showing but you can see the texture of the leather and the finish (or lack thereof).

I want to know if it would be safe to use Lexol or Wilson's leather cleaner on it and if the bag should be conditioned or not.

Oh, btw, because of the color and the leather the pics kind of look rude but it's a bag. I swear!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Name:  image-3623953999.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  471.4 KB

Name:  image-1540124166.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  479.2 KB
May 18, 2012, 5:32pm   #2
M
Are you sure that's dirt on the bag? It's hard to tell from the photo, but I recall that the blush valentina "texture" is supposed to look like that. It was one of the reasons I returned mine.
May 18, 2012, 5:54pm   #3
Pirinja
Originally Posted by Morisa
Are you sure that's dirt on the bag? It's hard to tell from the photo, but I recall that the blush valentina "texture" is supposed to look like that. It was one of the reasons I returned mine.
I know it isn't showing on the photos but I am sure. It's grayish and in spots where a bag gets dirtiest (bottom corners, handles). It's just a light soiling.

I know the leather is supposed to be distressed and have the peach fuzz texture it does but I don't know if it is safe to use leather cleaners on. /:
May 28, 2012, 10:27am   #4
Hello,

We have a thread for caring for your Botkier bag as well. You could try there too but I'll leave this here since it is slow in Botkier right now.

http://forum.purseblog.com/botkier/c...l#post15814091
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbag Care & Maintenance