Home Premier Designers Gucci

quality of guccissima leather

POST A REPLY

Sep 18, 2008, 4:24am   #1
Hello everybody.... that's my first post here... (i apoligize for my english ... i'm italian...)

I just bought a vuitton neverfull gm and now i would like to buy a black bag and i like very much the black guccissima joy medium boston bag....

but some people said to me that the leather in 2/3 years tend to "scratch" and peel off ...

no matter if it's a very delicate and sensitive leather...the problem is about the scraping and the stripping...

so i'm asking u your experience with guccissima leather...

thank u so much!
Sep 18, 2008, 5:41am   #2
living at GMT +1
welcome to the forum !!
I have a guccissima chain bag from 2005/2006 I think? and the leather looks still gorgeous ! no peeling off ...
I've got a guccissima abbey bag too but she is recent, in december 1 year old ...
Sep 18, 2008, 6:00am   #3
Originally Posted by leslie_x
welcome to the forum !!
I have a guccissima chain bag from 2005/2006 I think? and the leather looks still gorgeous ! no peeling off ...
I've got a guccissima abbey bag too but she is recent, in december 1 year old ...
thanks for your answer!!

now i can't decide between guccissima black boston bag and beige&white boston bag (canvas)....
Sep 18, 2008, 6:40am   #4
I haven't had any problems with peeling with my bgs. I do baby them though.

Anne
Sep 18, 2008, 6:57am   #5
I have a 2 year old off white Guccissima bag with not a single scratch on it.
Sep 18, 2008, 8:09am   #6
A
ACS
Yup, I have a 2 year old off white Guccissima bouvier bag and it's still in perfect condition.
Sep 18, 2008, 7:03pm   #7
H-tastic!
I think the peeling problem was mostly with the metallic colored leathers.
Sep 18, 2008, 8:17pm   #8
I've had my 2 Guccissima bags for a little over 1 year now and they're still perfect.
Sep 19, 2008, 2:46am   #9
thanks all !!!!

this news has been a great relief to me :)))
Sep 20, 2008, 8:52am   #10
A
Guess I am the only one who does have issue with this kind of leather.. Be care full for scratches.
Sep 21, 2008, 8:54pm   #11
Gucci Whore
I certainly hope not!
Sep 23, 2008, 6:31am   #12
I've had mine for 2 years....it is Choc. guccissima..I got one small scratch on her and put a little brown shoe polish on it..now I can't even find it...truthfully....!!! I LVOE this leather!!
Sep 23, 2008, 10:35pm   #13
sou
Purse Shoes & Jeans
Only the purse I want right now is Guccissima hobo in chocolate brown !!! Hoping they are pretty durable.
Sep 23, 2008, 11:40pm   #14
Hopelessly Addicted
I've had a problem with my Guccissima wallet. I went and talked to the SA in the Gucci and she said that I can't send it in to get it refurbished. They will only replace the leather edging. I've only had my wallet for 2 years and this is what happened. I take good care of my wallets and bags, so I'm disappointed to see this happen.

Sep 24, 2008, 8:47am   #15
Originally Posted by CHmyloves
I've had a problem with my Guccissima wallet. I went and talked to the SA in the Gucci and she said that I can't send it in to get it refurbished. They will only replace the leather edging. I've only had my wallet for 2 years and this is what happened. I take good care of my wallets and bags, so I'm disappointed to see this happen.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00982.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00988.jpg
yes!!!
that's exactly the problem i've heard about guccissima leather!

many people said to me that their bags, belts and wallets made by guccissima tend to fade and lose colour!!!

for this reason i decided to NOT spend 695 euros for the guccissima black boston bag....

so....i'm still looking for a black boston bag....

thanks all for reporting your experiences....
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Gucci