Putting a gucci in the washing machine.. Or other methods of cleaning

POST A REPLY

Mar 3, 2012, 12:35pm   #16
papertiger
Originally Posted by anasanfran
You're so cute, PT!!!!!!
When I read the title I thought rachaellyndsey was joking

Originally Posted by rachaellyndsey
Before the bag went in the washing machine..

(as you can see, the fabric has large tears. The main thing to point out is that the bags so scruffy that you can't even see the G's at the very top

Attachment 1626539
Seriously, you have brought this bag back from the dead
Mar 3, 2012, 2:09pm   #17
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
Thank you for posting the before and after pictures, that's quite a difference! I agree with papertiger: you have given it a second life! Good for you!
Mar 3, 2012, 10:17pm   #18
j
jlove
Interesting...you are very inventive. But the problem that you noted is the reason that I only buy all leather handbags. I have had my share of the canvas and fabric bags. I never thought of the washing machine. Shows you the strength and integrity of Gucci design.
Mar 3, 2012, 11:01pm   #19
Luxe_addiction
Want LV And BAL! :D
LOL! This the second time on here to hear a person using a washing machine to clean their designer bag without hearing other opinions if it okay and making others speechless at the same time! This makes my day all the time!

OP, it looks really great!
Mar 4, 2012, 4:04am   #20
r
rachaellyndsey
I agree with you on the fabric bag front. I normally stick to leather unless I love it. I havent had great experience with Gucci durability. The most notable being a pig coin purse, whose tail lasted around a week before snapping, and aftersales was terrible, they tried to say it was supposed to be snapped, until I showed them it on the website! The lady was so patronising I never bought a Gucci item since.. though I wish they didnt make such gorgeous bags!
Mar 4, 2012, 6:59am   #21
r
rachaellyndsey
How did the other washing machine attempt work out Luxe?
Mar 4, 2012, 8:35am   #22
miah100
Looks great! Very creative! :)
Mar 4, 2012, 4:04pm   #23
f
foodjunkie8
I <3 Shopping!
Gaaah! You scared us haha. It actually looks really good! I love the idea of a bow! You are very creative, OP! Way to go!
Mar 4, 2012, 7:34pm   #24
Luxe_addiction
Want LV And BAL! :D
Originally Posted by rachaellyndsey
How did the other washing machine attempt work out Luxe?
Oh, I was just stating that this a second time a person decided to wash their designer bag in a washer even if they ask whether it be fine even though they did anyways or did not ask while in the making everyone here so scared. I hope my last respond wasn't to confusing

Personally I don't know any other safe attempts since I don't own any bag or even expensive bag. But wow, I'm still amaze the bag turn out fine. This thread made me realize that I shouldn't underestimate Gucci canvas and maybe I should invest in Gucci bag one day.
Once again, I wan't to say it look really great!
Mar 5, 2012, 11:25am   #25
r
rachaellyndsey
Ahhh, I understand now!

Very durable in the washing machine, but I guess the main point of me restoring it was that it was so scruffy & damaged in the first place, so I guess it's a bit of a double edged sword! :)
Mar 5, 2012, 5:09pm   #26
Canneiv
You are brave! I did hand-washing my Gucci tote bag when I spill my coffee on it. So I think it's ok to machine wash fabric Gucci then. Thank you for the experiment.
Mar 6, 2012, 11:21am   #27
PrissC_caryl
i've cleaned my gucci canvas bags using baby wipes. works perfectly!
Mar 15, 2012, 1:40pm   #28
angelthelson
wow that turned out so well! good job! I clean my Gucci by wiping it with water and damp cloth, it does wonders for my bag.
Mar 15, 2012, 2:05pm   #29
papertiger
Originally Posted by angelthelson
wow that turned out so well! good job! I clean my Gucci by wiping it with water and damp cloth, it does wonders for my bag.
for canvas that is the preferred method. For my Hermes canvas it even says to do that on the care booklet, so good job.
Mar 16, 2012, 7:40pm   #30
queeniegirl
Wow! It looks great! I love the bow!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >