Home Premier Designers Gucci

Gucci warranty?

POST A REPLY

Feb 20, 2009, 6:05pm   #1
Neurotic 4 Alignment
Can someone explain the warranty for Gucci bags? I was told by a SA that the warranty voids if it was purchased outside Gucci. She used the example of Saks, if you purchased there you have to go through them? My bag is from Bluefly and when i mentioned that she clearly stated i am not covered under any warranty anymore. I was seriously like WTF? She also explained that they look up your info on their data base to see if you purchased it from them.

I am a bit confused because i thought gucci carried a 1yr free warranty and charged repairs after that.

I am a bit annoyed about the whole warranty issue. If this is true i would have never purchased a Gucci and would have went with LV or something.
Feb 20, 2009, 8:12pm   #2
To me that makes perfect sense, if you purchase the bag from Saks then you go through Saks if you have any problems. Gucci doesn't guarantee their bags sold from other places such as Bluefly, Overstock etc because they can't guarantee the quality as it isn't coming directly from them. I am not completely certain where Bluefly gets their merchandise from, but most times it isn't directly from the designer but rather overstocks (or maybe even seconds) from multiple places. I'm sure that would probably be the same for any other designer that you might buy from Bluefly or secondary source.
Jan 1, 2011, 12:22am   #3
b
What if I buy a belt. Wore it less then 10 tines and the edge is ripped
Dec 11, 2011, 8:33pm   #4
m
I will never purchase a Gucci product again. After 6 months of use, the canvas on my gf's $1500 handbag has shown significant breakdown. We brought the bag to the Gucci boutique where I purchased it at, and the sales rep said, "the canvas bags are prone to wear and breakdown, and the breakdown of the bag after 6 months is considered NORMAL WEAR."

I asked them to produce a warranty, but the sales rep told us that the 1 year warranty is applies only to hardware, and does not cover the canvas.

It's absolutely embarrassing to have a $1500 handbag succumb to wear after 6 months of use. Gucci will never get my money again.
Feb 29, 2012, 8:41am   #5
T
Gucci is the worst, they will never get my money anymore, only have one bag, the silver boston. I was so press for that bag and l'm lucky that it this weird material and not leather, my friend has the Leather one and the handle look horrible, they told her they couldn't do anything about it........... 1250.00 and they can't do anything. I stick with Chanel and LV.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Gucci