Home > >

Gucci Bamboo Top-Handle Club: 1947 'till now

POST A REPLY

May 26, 2010, 12:58pm   #1
papertiger
I'm starting this thread in response to flipchick's suggestion

As there are at least 5 of us already let's start a Bamboo Top-Handle club

You may belong to the BTH club if you have a large, med, small, new, old or vintage bamboo top handle, any related extended family member (bamboo handle) ior even if you just like the bag

Any info or photos related to the bag would be greatly appreciated

I will start with my treasured new darling

Large (36 cm) Stone Leather Bamboo Top-Handle

With matching mirror case and engraved mirror

Close-up of the stippled effect colour

Close-up of the handle

May 26, 2010, 1:04pm   #2
COACH ADDICT
SMW -slm ...
Gorgeous bag papertiger...

Checked one out at the Gucci store and for some reason I just loved the mirror. Normally it would not be a big deal but it was so heavy and lovely..
May 26, 2010, 1:49pm   #3
flipchickmc
Never Gucci-fied!
Yay, oh, yay! Now I can drool over all these beauties in one thread! Please share tons & tons of pics.
May 26, 2010, 4:49pm   #4
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
Large Canvas Bamboo Top-Handle with matching mirror and leather case.

Inside pic of the bag - it is a cotton linen lining:

btw, thanks for starting this thread PT!
May 26, 2010, 7:13pm   #5
mzbag
Wow great club! Now I have to get a bamboo top handle Gucci.

I wanna join real soon!
May 26, 2010, 8:31pm   #6
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
^You have to join! Hopefully we can get this club to be even more popular than the joy boston!

Here's the last pic of some of the stuff that this bag can hold minus the water bottle and book:
May 26, 2010, 8:44pm   #7
Expy00
Originally Posted by GhstDreamer
^You have to join! Hopefully we can get this club to be even more popular than the joy boston!

Here's the last pic of some of the stuff that this bag can hold minus the water bottle and book:

Such gorgeous bamboo top-handle bags, ladies!! You're all making want to forget about the beige flap bag and get a top-handle bag instead I'm going to have to definitely check out the top-handle bags the next time that I visit my local Gucci boutique.

GhstDreamer, I had no idea that one could fit so many things in the large sized top handle bag I really do hope that you're able to have your initials put onto your bag.
May 26, 2010, 9:08pm   #8
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
^Thanks Expy00! I hope I see the manager next time I go back.
May 27, 2010, 6:07am   #9
PattyP
Love this club..
Here is my white, Large (36cm) Bamboo top- handle bag!

May 27, 2010, 6:24am   #10
papertiger

Oh my word, my eyes are on stalks, seeing some of the bags together I can see why this bag has been giong strong for 63 years.

GhstDreamer and PattyP thank you for your pictures, both your bags are out-of -this-world beautiful.

I am taking my Stone darling to be monogrammed today and I will let you all know how I get on
May 27, 2010, 6:26am   #11
papertiger
Originally Posted by mzbag
Wow great club! Now I have to get a bamboo top handle Gucci.

I wanna join real soon!
I hope you do too mzbag
May 27, 2010, 6:28am   #12
papertiger
Originally Posted by COACH ADDICT
Gorgeous bag papertiger...

Checked one out at the Gucci store and for some reason I just loved the mirror. Normally it would not be a big deal but it was so heavy and lovely..
Thank you COACH ADDICT. I think a Bamboo Top Handle would fit very nicely in your collection
May 27, 2010, 6:58am   #13
papertiger

Let's go over some of the combos that are available ATM for those that may be thinking about wanting one. Please add to this info if I have left anything out. These are versions I have seen in the stores or on line this season.

Large 36cm across 22cm high 16 deep:

Black, White or Stone leather, Grey (shaded) croco, Black python, beige/ebony original fabric with brown leather or croco trim.

Med 27cm across 11.5 high 6.3 deep

Black, White, Grey, Light-brown (natural) or Magenta leather, Tan ostrich, Brown matte croco, Black, Brown, Magenta and Gold (24 K gold leaf covered) shiny croco, beige/ebony original fabric with brown leather trim or or White original fabric with white leather.
May 27, 2010, 7:06am   #14
papertiger
Originally Posted by flipchickmc
Yay, oh, yay! Now I can drool over all these beauties in one thread! Please share tons & tons of pics.
I'm with you there flip

Borrowed from some of the Hermes threads; maybe we could also have Bamboo Top Handle days when we all take our bags out and take pics
May 27, 2010, 10:11am   #15
COACH ADDICT
SMW -slm ...
Originally Posted by GhstDreamer

Oh Ghst your Top Handle is so gorgeous... I see that you have a rare and vintage Orange Coach coin purse ''SWEET"
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >