Home > >

Do you think the Disco bag is trendy or classic?

POST A REPLY

Sep 14, 2013, 4:34pm   #1
StarBrite310
Purse Fanatic!
I just bought a black Disco bag last night and I'm trying to decide between it and the Bottega crossbody "pillow bag" which I also bought a few days ago. I can't keep both.

The Disco is sooo cute and I love it, but I worry it's not classic enough and just a big trend at the moment. Do you think this bag will last for many years, or begin to look outdated? I wonder if Gucci plans to keep this style as part of their classic collection?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Here is the one I got

Sep 15, 2013, 12:47am   #2
LVlvoe_bug
I really like the Gucci disco bag..I think it will be around for awhile and seems to be a classic style...I like it much better than the Bottega Veneta crossbody pillow bag....I hope Gucci keeps it in their collection..
Sep 15, 2013, 1:55am   #3
StarBrite310
Purse Fanatic!
Originally Posted by LVlvoe_bug
I really like the Gucci disco bag..I think it will be around for awhile and seems to be a classic style...I like it much better than the Bottega Veneta crossbody pillow bag....I hope Gucci keeps it in their collection..
Thank you so much for your opinion!! May I ask why you like it better than the Bottega? Just curious...
Sep 15, 2013, 3:47am   #4
papertiger
I agree LVlve_bug, it's certainly going to stay around for a while.

There are a lot of Soho 'everything' out there ATM, including the Disco which does put me off a bit too so I understand, even though I know those are the bags that hold their value and are most likely to become iconic in the future. I bought a small Bright because of this phenomenon but had I wanted black I think it would have circumnavigated the whole trend thing.

I love BV and have several, BUT the Pillow, though undoubtedly functional, looks a bit old fashioned, and not in a good way (ask anyone, I am a vintage maniac). You can often buy little pre-loved BVs that like this for knock-down prices.

I would try them both on to see which looks better on you and then decide.
Sep 15, 2013, 7:30am   #5
Dzelinay
I have one big disco in rose with the gold handles and the new one in bronze.
I would keep it!! They are gorgeous
Sep 15, 2013, 1:05pm   #6
StarBrite310
Purse Fanatic!
I am really appreciating all of these opinions. Thanks so much!

Btw, has anyone had to put an extra hole in the strap? I am 5'7" and I feel like I need it to be a tiny bit longer. Thoughts?
Sep 15, 2013, 9:08pm   #7
LVlvoe_bug
Originally Posted by StarBrite310
Thank you so much for your opinion!! May I ask why you like it better than the Bottega? Just curious...
You're welcome! I like the GG logo and the tassel detail. I really like the Gucci soho collection...Let us know which bag you decide to keep!
Sep 16, 2013, 1:04am   #8
macaroonchica93
That's Cool.
pretty classy bag
I like how it doesn't scream GUCCI, with logos everywhere
The craftsmanship is pretty amazing too

I hope it becomes a classic, that would be really cool
Sep 19, 2013, 1:01am   #9
xgianna6921x
I'm thinking about getting the gucci disco in black as well. But I can't decide if I should or if I should get the chloe marcie small round crossbody. Which do you lady's like better?
Sep 19, 2013, 1:51am   #10
Luxe_addiction
Want LV And BAL! :D
I think the disco bag will eventually be a classic!
Sep 19, 2013, 2:34am   #11
pinky7
I think that the disco will look classic in the future, even when and if it gets discontinued. It reminds me of the Chanel camera bag I see a lot of older Gucci bags that have the interlocking G design on them-- they look almost similar to this one and I think they are very chic!
Sep 19, 2013, 5:07am   #12
papertiger
Originally Posted by StarBrite310
I am really appreciating all of these opinions. Thanks so much!

Btw, has anyone had to put an extra hole in the strap? I am 5'7" and I feel like I need it to be a tiny bit longer. Thoughts?
Ask Gucci to do it for you
Sep 19, 2013, 9:04am   #13
xgianna6921x
So what are your ladies thoughts get the black disco or get the chloe marcie small crossbody?
Sep 19, 2013, 9:52pm   #14
ujili
Soho is likely to stay longer and not that trendy. Its cute, functional and pretty. Plus, being leather, it will definitely stay.
Sep 20, 2013, 5:43am   #15
Fimpagebag
Love the Disco. So versatile, can dress up or dress down. As for adding an extra hole in the strap, definitely ask Gucci to do it. Unless you're a cobbler or a leather crafter, DYI can be a disaster.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >