POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 7, 2012, 12:35pm   #1
MrVuitton's Avatar
Thread Starter
Left LV for Bal & H
So I was in Antwerp today, for the first time. And it's an amazing city, I spotted about 50 LV's, 2 Birkins (real) and 3 Goyard St. Louis. I love that specific bag. But the canvas looked very thin, kinda scary. Is it really that thin? And is it thinner than LV canvas?
Jun 7, 2012, 3:59pm   #2
Edia's Avatar
いらしゃいませ
Originally Posted by MrVuitton
is it thinner than LV canvas?
there is nothing like lv canvas.
i honestly think goyard bags look like plastic.
still love the colors and the chevron though.
Jun 7, 2012, 11:18pm   #3
roey's Avatar
Member
Compared to LV, it is thin. But it is also very sturdy and I love the slouch the St. Louis develops with time and use. However, I love my LV's way more than my Goyard. I stopped at one Goyard (Navy St. Louis GM) but couldn't stop at one LV. :)
Jun 8, 2012, 11:34am   #4
Longchamp's Avatar
Member
I'm not a St Louis fan, but huge Goyard fan. You might want to look at some of their other styles.

I'm picking up a Moynat when in Paris next month. Will report back with pix and their canvas sturdiness.

Not sure why, can't get myself to carry a monogram LV.
Jun 9, 2012, 6:38am   #5
Glitter_pixie's Avatar
Member
The St. Louis is thinner but I like that it's more flexible than my LV NF MM. I can, for example, hold it in my arms and fold it over slightly into itself so no one can see inside.
Jun 9, 2012, 5:05pm   #6
MrVuitton's Avatar
Thread Starter
Left LV for Bal & H
Originally Posted by Longchamp
I'm not a St Louis fan, but huge Goyard fan. You might want to look at some of their other styles.

I'm picking up a Moynat when in Paris next month. Will report back with pix and their canvas sturdiness.

Not sure why, can't get myself to carry a monogram LV.
I love some of their other styles, but sadly they're to expensive for me. Since I'm a student and don't have a full-time job. =(

That would be very nice! I love Moynat, can't wait for your pics =)
Jun 9, 2012, 5:06pm   #7
MrVuitton's Avatar
Thread Starter
Left LV for Bal & H
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Maybe the thin canvas makes it a little bit more masculine for me!? Because it sags, and it don't look perfect
Jun 9, 2012, 5:42pm   #8
Longchamp's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by MrVuitton
I love some of their other styles, but sadly they're to expensive for me. Since I'm a student and don't have a full-time job. =(

That would be very nice! I love Moynat, can't wait for your pics =)
Good luck in school, that's most important.

All the rest will come later.
Jun 9, 2012, 10:19pm   #9
j
Member
Im not a fan of moynat canvas print... though I think the bag's 2 handle design is awesome! There seems to be 2 version of the tote bag one mainly for ladies (similar style to st Louis n NF) and another for men which is a little longer/deeper.
I did however recently got a bday moynat gift from my love it! Its a Moynat buckle reversible belt leather belt.
Jun 10, 2012, 1:29am   #10
Longchamp's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by jlxaac
Im not a fan of moynat canvas print... though I think the bag's 2 handle design is awesome! There seems to be 2 version of the tote bag one mainly for ladies (similar style to st Louis n NF) and another for men which is a little longer/deeper.
I did however recently got a bday moynat gift from my love it! Its a Moynat buckle reversible belt leather belt.
I'm hoping to pick up the version in leather--similar to the H double sens.
Jun 10, 2012, 10:41pm   #11
s
Member
The canvas is thin but amazingly durable and it also makes the bag LIGHT. I love my Goyards because they are EASY to carry - the weight of the bag is negligible and you determine how heavy it gets with the stuff you put inside. I know with my LVs I can't carry as much stuff because it gets too heavy for me to carry on my shoulder. A huge difference!
Jun 11, 2012, 6:24pm   #12
l
Member
I have a LV Damier Neverfull and the Goyard St Louis - the St Louis is thinner but lighter. I think it's a wonderful quality bag. My LV has cracked a little (not apparently uncommon) but the St. Louis has not.
Jun 26, 2012, 2:57am   #13
S
Member
In terms of sturdiness/thickness, I would rate LV as the sturdiest/thickness, Moynat second and Goyard third. I think Moynat has better quality over goyard in terms of the canvas and the leather piping.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Goyard  
TOP

Thread Tools