Home > >

my awesome find! *GOYARD TRUNK, Beauty Case and Suitcase!* Vintage* and Perfect!


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Sep 16, 2012, 9:19pm   #16
c
cottoncat
Member
Wow... You are right it is so romantic to imagine the stories behind the cases!
looking forward to seeing the pictures of the interior!
Sep 17, 2012, 2:26am   #17
l
lattelatte
Member
Wow...what an amazing find and story!! keep us posted with any more interesting facts on the story!
Sep 17, 2012, 11:08am   #18
AndyLVoe's Avatar
Thread Starter
AndyLVoe
Member
Originally Posted by purplepoodles
What an absolutely fabulous find! I've been in the Paris store & can't begin to price what your luggage would be current retail.

Of course vintage with such patina & background is the true meaning of priceless. Enjoy your new treasures!

Happy birthday!
Thank you!
Sep 17, 2012, 1:01pm   #19
AndyLVoe's Avatar
Thread Starter
AndyLVoe
Member
Ok here is a picture of the interior of the suitcase, its a nice yellow/orange color. There is one tray in this suitcase, and I left it in when I took this pic, its in pretty great shape, the small leather handles on each side of the insert/tray have the brand name Goyard printed on it. As well when the tray is removed the interior of the suitcase, is in perfect shape. Im not sure I captured the color perfectly, its quite nice.

The other pictures I added were of the trunk interior.. There are three original trays/inserts, that go with the trunk. The top tray has a lot more detail then the other two trays, with separated slots as you can see in the picture. I was happy to see the trays in such good condition, there are some minor (pencil eraser size) spots, no rips in the fabric, and no real odor, but that slight smell of tobacco/cigar. I dont smoke, and am not around anyone who smokes, but I can distinguish between cigar and regular cigarettes. Its not offensive strong, its more like the actual tobacco leaves as apposed to second hand smoke, know what I mean?.. the trays still maintain there integrity, by being strong in shape, with the material and wood, there might be slight sag, or stretch. I believe the material used in the trunk is hemp, you can see the weave in the material, and it gives off a sort of sheen. I removed the top tray in one of the photos, so that you can see the second tray in the trunk, and there the Goyard label is also visible, what I thought was cute was that it has a 5 digit telephone number on the label. heh..

Just for fun, and for the interior shot of the beautycase, I added a few girly things to test it out! It held some of the make up bottles in place perfectly, and the perfume bottles as well, despite the different shapes. I havent decided what I'll store in the beauty case just yet but just adding a few perfume bottles in the case today, made it look so pretty. I decided to add another picture of the interior of the beauty case, empty, to capture the color better.. compared to the suitcase and trunk, the beauty case seems older, in years, with regards to wear and use they are all about the same..

I took the pictures with an iPhone 4S, the original picture is larger, but it has to be sized down for TPF.
Attached Images
         
Sep 19, 2012, 8:42am   #20
xichic's Avatar
xichic
addicted to vacation
Wow!!! What a find, absolutely happy for you! These are amazing
Sep 19, 2012, 10:12pm   #21
c
cottoncat
Member
I can imagine that once the box were filled with beautiful jewels..aww
You are so fortunate to find this treasure..
Sep 19, 2012, 11:09pm   #22
Longchamp's Avatar
Longchamp
Member
Lovely pix, thanks for posting.
Sep 20, 2012, 7:39am   #23
Layn's Avatar
Layn
Loving the unusual
you are so so so fortunate!
Sep 23, 2012, 10:36pm   #24
W
Wilsom04
Member
Originally Posted by AndyLVoe
I havent posted on here for a long time, though I really wanted to share, my new find, with people who appreciate these things the way I do. I'm very happy with my find, I feel like I found treasure, my timing was perfect, and I found it here where I live so there was no shipping involved, and I was able to see it and feel it and smell it.
The person before me had bought it in Holland, and the people before him are unknown, though the first class voyage tickets, with the name 'Miss Nancy May', 'W.A. May' give me a good idea of who owned it, she was well travelled, hotel stickers, and Ship/Steamer stickers on the suitcase, indicate she was in Liverpool England, New York, 'Venezia', Russia, Oslo ?, Sorrento, and a few other places I cant make out.. Their is one sticker from a ship or steamer she travelled on, saying she stayed in a first class stateroom, with the room number, has the sailing date, that says 1953, destination The Ritz Towers in N.Y., and her name. She also has the letters W painted /monogrammed on the suit case, and the beauty case. I think its so interesting. I cant say she owned all three pieces at once, but for sure the suitcase was hers..

I was originally looking for just a trunk (always looking), the idea that I found a trunk, suitcase and beauty case, blows me away! They're in amazing condition, beautiful patina, the Goyard canvas is also in great shape! the interior of the trunk is amazing still has all of the inserts for packing, and the suitcase has its yellow/orange interior with an insert, the beauty case, has a dull orange interior, the leather straps looped for holding whatever perfume bottles or make up. All the brass hardware and leather trim is in gorgeous condition, considering the age, there is no major water damage spots or anything.. some minor scratches and dents.. but I love every bit of it! It has so much character.
Ok.. pictures...
Congrats...on your treasure find, I love hearing stories like this.
Sep 24, 2012, 7:35am   #25
B
Barefoot Kid
Member
Incredible find! I hope something like this can come my way at some point! A real piece of history.

Imagine all the places it's seen.
Sep 24, 2012, 9:18am   #26
h
hedonist222
Gangnam Style
O.m.g.

Drool
Sep 24, 2012, 2:35pm   #27
terps08's Avatar
terps08
Member
Originally Posted by AndyLVoe
I havent posted on here for a long time, though I really wanted to share, my new find, with people who appreciate these things the way I do. I'm very happy with my find, I feel like I found treasure, my timing was perfect, and I found it here where I live so there was no shipping involved, and I was able to see it and feel it and smell it.
The person before me had bought it in Holland, and the people before him are unknown, though the first class voyage tickets, with the name 'Miss Nancy May', 'W.A. May' give me a good idea of who owned it, she was well travelled, hotel stickers, and Ship/Steamer stickers on the suitcase, indicate she was in Liverpool England, New York, 'Venezia', Russia, Oslo ?, Sorrento, and a few other places I cant make out.. Their is one sticker from a ship or steamer she travelled on, saying she stayed in a first class stateroom, with the room number, has the sailing date, that says 1953, destination The Ritz Towers in N.Y., and her name. She also has the letters W painted /monogrammed on the suit case, and the beauty case. I think its so interesting. I cant say she owned all three pieces at once, but for sure the suitcase was hers..

I was originally looking for just a trunk (always looking), the idea that I found a trunk, suitcase and beauty case, blows me away! They're in amazing condition, beautiful patina, the Goyard canvas is also in great shape! the interior of the trunk is amazing still has all of the inserts for packing, and the suitcase has its yellow/orange interior with an insert, the beauty case, has a dull orange interior, the leather straps looped for holding whatever perfume bottles or make up. All the brass hardware and leather trim is in gorgeous condition, considering the age, there is no major water damage spots or anything.. some minor scratches and dents.. but I love every bit of it! It has so much character.
Ok.. pictures...
What a lovely lovely lovely find Andy!!!! I am SO thrilled for you - the stars really aligned for you!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing a piece of history with us!!
Sep 24, 2012, 11:19pm   #28
AndyLVoe's Avatar
Thread Starter
AndyLVoe
Member
Originally Posted by Wilsom04
Congrats...on your treasure find, I love hearing stories like this.
Originally Posted by Barefoot Kid
Incredible find! I hope something like this can come my way at some point! A real piece of history.

Imagine all the places it's seen.
Originally Posted by terps08
What a lovely lovely lovely find Andy!!!! I am SO thrilled for you - the stars really aligned for you!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing a piece of history with us!!
Thank you for the enthusiasm! I'm happy you are all enjoying the pics, and the story behind it! I can only imagine where its been!

I still have the trunk and cases sitting in the same spot, because I like looking at them daily! hah..

I know its not an everyday occurrence, to come across something so precious and irreplaceable, given the 'story' behind it, the age, the Goyard history and value, its not just any trunk! I really do appreciate how things fell into place for me, especially for someone who loves bags and is a bag collector! if and when this kind of thing happens take the opportunity!

The previous owner had turned around and said 'bye' to the trunk and cases, as we were getting into our vehicle to leave, when he saw that I noticed him, he said 'I felt like I had to say bye, they've been with me for 15-20 years'.. I said dont worry they're going to be loved and well taken care of by me, and then after me, by my daughter, he then smiled and said right on! and then he waved and walked away.. Im just glad..
Sep 30, 2012, 11:46am   #29
ERR's Avatar
ERR
Member
I am so envious! Congrats on your amazing find!
Oct 5, 2012, 12:11pm   #30
m
midnightman
Member
OMG - i'm so F%&#ING jealous of you. Nice snags!!!! May I ask, if not too forward, how much the pieces costed you? Don't feel obligated to share if you'd prefer not to - just curious
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools