Members with choco box kelly pls come forward

sarahcantiik

Which bag to buy today?
Mar 27, 2006
Or any color box calf kelly for that matter. I wanna know as much as I can about these creatures (box calf kelly). Recently, I was offered a minty mint 28 cm rigide choco box kelly with gold h/w (stamp A) for 3000. Do you guys think this is a good price? I mean, really, for such an old kelly the condition is TOP. The previous owner must've never used it, the box calf is smooth w/o any scratches whatsoever.

Right now, I am trying to save for an ostrich or croc kelly/birkin. But this lil kelly is calling my name I dont know what to do :s

I also prefer the 32 size for kellys, as the 28 is a tad too small for everyday use for me. To sum up, I'm just confused as to whether I should get this kelly or not. Is it a good price? I can prolly ask for a couple of hundred bucks less..

What to doooo.... what to dooo????? HELP!

If you're confused about getting it, don't get it! It's probably not hitting your heart 100%.

Chocolate box is lovely though. I've seen a 32cm HAC w/ palladium and a 25cm sellier Kelly w/ gold and both were GORGEOUS!!!

I know I know Shoes and LaVan.. you guys are right! I guess my heart is really set on a 32 for a kelly.

But a minty mint 28 choco box kelly for 3000 is a good price or not?

Sarah I am glad you started this thread because my mind is on a chocolate 32 Kelly myself.

I think it is really hard to place a dollar value "for sale" on the older bags. It is almost like the buyer has to estimate what they feel it should be and do some looking around/research. Then, make the decision. There really is no guidebook.

I just saw a 32 box retourne from 2003 for $5850. I thought that the price was a bit steep for being pre-owned.

I would have to say you would not be asking what to do if it was all perfect for you. Pass on it.

Kellybag ..... I believe there was a chocolate box Kelly at the Las Vegas store when I was there. I'm not sure of the size though. It may have been a 32 cm though. I have a 28cm Kelly and I think it was bigger than mine but it wasn't huge. Give them a call if you're interested. You can ask for Josh. Tell him you're a friend of Kathleen's. He is a doll.

I would have to say you would not be asking what to do if it was all perfect for you. Pass on it.

KB, how could you read my mind? You're right on the money there. Guess if my heart is set on it I wouldnt be posting this thread. Instead I would just buy it and show it off with you guys :P

Personally, by looking at the condition, I think 3000 is very okay price. I know it's stamped A, but it didnt matter to me, what matters more is the condition imo. BUT, like I said, I really prefer 32 on a kelly, it's just more functional for me. I dont go out at night that often, so I dont really need evening bags.

I'm trying to save for an ostrich or croc kelly/birkin, guess I would pass on this one and continue saving for the bag I really want.

Thanks for all the comments :flowers: