Canadian prices for Petite and Grand Shopping Totes

Megara

Sep 21, 2006
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have the Canadian prices for the Petite or Grand Shopping Totes? I'm trying to see whether or not I can save some money by buying from the US.

TIA :smile:

I don't know the prices offhand for those models, but when I was buying my classic flap, the prices converted quited well (similar to the current exchange rate) so the cost was about the same. The big difference is that the US stores have much better selection, so if you can't find what you want here, you can buy it in the US for about the same price (but issues of duty though).

I bought my grand shopper for 1895 I think..
and the petite shopper was also 1850ish... My petite shopper is probably not the same one your inquring about though... but I think for the open top petite shopper its 1300

How would you get it here? You don't want to have it mailed and risk duty and taxes.

I find that most items from Europe are reasonably priced when compared to what is available to the States.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm probably going to go this Friday afternoon. I'll post pics if I pick something up :smile:

How would you get it here? You don't want to have it mailed and risk duty and taxes.

I find that most items from Europe are reasonably priced when compared to what is available to the States.

It was more of an excuse to go shopping :graucho: If the price was really significantly different, I have friends who live in DC and NYC that I could ship it to and have them bring it back. I remember a couple of years ago when I was looking at some Tiffany's jewellery the prices in the US were quite different than the Tiffany on Bloor St. It was something like $1250 vs. $2050.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was looking at some Tiffany's jewellery the prices in the US were quite different than the Tiffany on Bloor St. It was something like $1250 vs. $2050.

Like I said, Chanel converts normally so it's more of a selection thing.

Tiffany is a whole different ball game - I have a ton of Tiffany jewerly, including my e-ring and eterntiy band, and we've bought 90% of my stuff from the US. The exchange rate is terrible here, and they haven't adjusted the prices accordingly in years - I still think it's off. We saved several thousand by buying my e-ring/wedding band from the US!