Good news story--return--damier speedy lining

ck21

Believing in Magic
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
Today I brought my damier speedy 25 and 30 to the Mpls. LV. Both linings easily rubbed off (I had been wondering why parts of my ipod were pink). Both bags were beyond the 30 day return period.

The SA could not have been more gracious--didn't hesitate to take them back, even though this was the first they had heard with problems with the lining.

She asked if I wanted money back or an exchange. I decided to take the next bag off of my want list--a black epi alma (tempted by the mandarin one they had) and got the difference back in cash.

I had been nervous about going in, but they were fantastic. Exactly the kind of service I expect for bags that cost that much!

I"m sad to let go of my speedies, but I'll buy again when the lining issue is resolved. And, I'm excited about my new alma!

One more thing--I had brought a print out of the thread on here that talked about the issue. I'm not sure if that helped me, but they were shocked at how many people had this problem!!

Oh, glad to know that your problem is solved and that they were so nice about it. I'm still not sure about bringing in mine, as it is way due the 30 days exchange period. I think I bought it around June when it was first released. And as for the staining, mine wasn't that bad, my stuffs did not turn obvious pinkish, only the corners of some stuffs. And I really love the damier speedy, not sure if I want to change it with another bag, even if they allow me to. And if they let me take another damier speedy and the staining is worse, I'll feel bad to bring it in again, don't want to appear like the customer from h*ll... :P Oh, I don't know what to do. I thought of getting some white mc, vernis or azur accessories end of the year, now I'm not sure if I can't use them in my speedy. *sigh*

I'm happy and relieved to hear about your great fuss free experience. I was worried they would tell you they would need to send the bag in, wait a month, and then see what they say. Congratualtions on your easy exchange and new item!

I bought mine the first day it came out and I've never had a problem like this. I even use my white wapity in it and no dye anywhere or on anything? Could it be on only certain ones?

I bought mine the first day it came out and I've never had a problem like this. I even use my white wapity in it and no dye anywhere or on anything? Could it be on only certain ones?

I'm not sure--I bought my 25 as soon as the speedies were released in June. I bought the 30 in August. Both had noticeable color transfer when anything was rubbed against the lining. I knew that it would always drive me crazy to have paid so much and have to worry about that--especially because I plan to carry all of my LVs for 20 years or more!

I'm not sure--I bought my 25 as soon as the speedies were released in June. I bought the 30 in August. Both had noticeable color transfer when anything was rubbed against the lining. I knew that it would always drive me crazy to have paid so much and have to worry about that--especially because I plan to carry all of my LVs for 20 years or more!

Well, I just to check this myself, I got a white dishtowel...wet it with warm water and rubbed and rubbed and even let the dampness soak on the red inside of my speedy..and rubbed some more, no red at all came off. I'm still trying to figure out why some do this????? I use my white wapity all the time in there and its find. I wonder what causes some to do this?