H enamel bracelets

taxvixen

O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
I noticed that the H enamel bracelets are made in Austria. There is a well-known Austrian jeweller, Frey-Wille ( FREY WILLE ), which makes enamel jewelry almost identical to the look of the H bracelets. Michaela Frey was a world-famous Viennese enamel artist. Does anyone know if Frey-Wille makes the bracelets for H?

Thanks GF- you are always such a great source of knowledge. I was in Vienna in June and fell in love with Frey-Wille's enamel jewelry. Older designs in the Frey-Wille line also pop up on e-Bay from time to time although I prefer the bolder graphics of their current line as well as the H bangles. I suspected a connection with H because Frey-Wille has such an outstanding reputation for design, quality, and craftsmanship.

Anyone (GF, others??) know who makes Frey-Wille's new line of scarves and pochettes?

Just in case anyone was wondering about the prices I just got this info in an e-mail from Frey-Wille. :flowers:

"Thank you for your interest in our jewelry. Prices in 24ct. yellow gold
plating and white gold plating are as follows:

Yellow:
Mounted bordered bangle (enamel is all the way around and no clasp) $555
Narrow clasp bangle $780
Wide clasp bangle $845
Royal clasp bangle (diamond shaped clasp) $990
Domino bangle $940

White:
Mounted bangle $565
Narrow clasp $855
Wide clasp $930
Royal $1090
Domino $1030"

Yes, they make the bracelets sold under the name Hermes. IMHO, the differences between the 2 product lines are:

- H sells mostly bangles (a few earrings..) while Frey sells the whole parure - necklace, diff size bracelets, rings, earrings etc - a whole collection

- The H designs are always related to a scarf design. Lots are self-promotional & full of horses & the letter H. They are in H color schemes - lots of orange , vert anis.

- The F design collections are on more generic topics : Roman, Egyptian, Klimt, Monet etc motifs. They also are in different color schemes.

- The H bracelets are made with less expensive enamels (I don't think H uses gold enamels anymore...) so sell at a lower price point.

- Conversely, the F bracelets have more gold enamels , look dressier and sell at a higher price point.

Does anyone know if Frey-Wille makes the bracelets for H?

Ok, put it this way...DH is Austrian, and his father (Austrian, too) knows the family who make the bracelets for Hermes.......the um....Frey family.....

Hey Kristy, sorry to go so wildly off topic but my DH is Austrian too (as is my Dad, coincidentally) - and it's not like Australia is exactly full of Austrians. How weird is that?!

Thanks GF- you are always such a great source of knowledge. I was in Vienna in June and fell in love with Frey-Wille's enamel jewelry. Older designs in the Frey-Wille line also pop up on e-Bay from time to time although I prefer the bolder graphics of their current line as well as the H bangles. I suspected a connection with H because Frey-Wille has such an outstanding reputation for design, quality, and craftsmanship.

Anyone (GF, others??) know who makes Frey-Wille's new line of scarves and pochettes?

Michaela Frey I think originally, now Frey Wille I think there range is totally superb and I think I am correct in saying there edging bands are actually in gold/silver not plated, they have just opened a wonderful new shop in London.

I wear two Frey bangles with my one extra wide H bangle I should maybe post a photo?

Michaela Frey I think originally, now Frey Wille I think there range is totally superb and I think I am correct in saying there edging bands are actually in gold/silver not plated, they have just opened a wonderful new shop in London.

I wear two Frey bangles with my one extra wide H bangle I should maybe post a photo?

Oh yes - I think you should, that would be wonderful!! :smile:

Where abouts is the London Shop Ardneish?