Public Displays Of Affection, How Much Is Too Much ?

Jan 23, 2006
PDAs---How Much Is Too Much?

How do you feel when you see couples displaying to each other affection? Holding hands, kissing, hugging, rubbing each others backs. etc. Do you crinch and want to say go home! Or do you enjoy seeing others in public showing their affection. ?
Is it same-gender couples or public displays of affection between any gender, any combination couples at all that should be considered offensive?

What are your thoughts ?

doesn't bother me at all. we need more love in this world. of course, within reason. I don't really want to see to people copulating on a bench next to me in the park. That would make me just a tad uncomfortable.

doesn't bother me at all. we need more love in this world. of course, within reason. I don't really want to see to people copulating on a bench next to me in the park. That would make me just a tad uncomfortable.

:roflmfao:

Yeah, public copulation is where I draw the line!

Also, I hate seeing tongues--if I see a tongue, then that is way too much PDA!

I can't stop anyone from doing it, but... if it were up to me, I'd prefer them to keep it to holding hands and pecking on the lips. Couples making out in the middle of the hallway makes me uncomfortable.

I think a kiss here and there to show appreciation is ok, or holding hands while walking. But hugging/groping each other in public or french kissing or anything more intimate is not ok.

I think it depends. I understand why high school kids would have PDA and maybe college students.... but post college, I don't like seeing middle aged adults full on making out and beyond.....I think they need to go get a hotel room. just yesterday, I was waiting for an uptown train. Across the subway platform, I seen a couple maybe as old as my parents full on PDA, all rubbin up on each other. I was grossed out.

I know that we each have different terms as to what is okay for and what is not. But a couple of weeks ago I went to dinner with my boyfriend at a semi nice restaurant - I'm not a prude, I don't mind some PDA but not over board like what I saw. I literally dropped my fork when I looked over to the table cross from us and this couple was full on making out and the guy kept touching her ...twins...my reaction looked like this :wtf: for about a minute... Excuse me?!?!?! What do you say to people like that?

Alittle PDA is okay but when I see people making out in public all I think is go get a room!. Its really uncomfortable,and repulsive!. It doesnt matter if the person is in high school age to post college,its just nasty!.