Friends and Hermes

I don't even share my passion with DH not because I think he'd object but because he wouldn't get it. I earn a good income (I am not in any way saying this to boast or put down DH but I earn about 1.5 times what he does because my profession-- law-- pays more than his-- engineering). DH and I have no children (DH was a widower when we met and he has two grown children) so I can spend the discretionary portion of my salary as I wish. Most of my friends and colleagues are putting their children through college and therefore have expenses I don't, which is one reason they're not as interested in things like bags. So there is a real disconnect between where they are in their lives and I am in mine. I think I'm just getting myself a bit down because I'm spending too much time at home with a broken arm and this forum is almost my only solace - though tomorrow is Monday and it's once again back to work.
Oooooh, sorry about the broken arm.:sad: Hermes scarves make beautiful and fashionable slings.:graucho: :flowers:

I have two friends with whom I can discuss it. One of those can't afford them, but she is still super excited for me and happy that I can get the bags. And that is what makes being her friend so wonderful..she isn't a hater.

As for men, I haven't met a man yet who actually "gets" price tags...excluding the DH's of the PF divas.

So sorry to hear about your arm, TV. I hope you heal quickly (it isn't your credit card slip signing arm, is it?).

Until three years ago, none of my friends understood my handbag passion (or H scarf passion). They supported my "idiosyncracy" but didn't quite get it (they still don't). Then I discovered the LV/Hermes BBs in 2003. I've made so many friends on those boards, many of whom I get together with a few times a year for Hermes shopping and fun. :smile: And, luckily, DH loves Hermes as much as I do. What more could a gal want?

Orchids-

Sorry, OT, but did you see that your same beautiful Turandot scarf sold on e-Bay today for $100+ more? I bid, but was knocked out of the running. I'll stay on the lookout for another because I love the pattern and colorway.

TV

taxvixen, I know exactly how you feel. When I started buying LV, my family and friends would make stupid comments. Now, that I have several Hermes pieces, I don't answer "how much did that cost" questions. I basically ignore the question or say $1 million dollars (with that accent from the movie)! This forum is great because it provides a place for us to come together and celebrate!

Orcids- If you look at the instructions on the sake bath it says to go from the tub into a cold invigorting shower- I love doing this. Unfortunatel I'm limited to quick showers while my arm is in a sling but once I'm healed I'm soaking till I get all pruney. :smile:

My friends all think I am insane, but love me and my crazy handbag addiction anyway. I have a couple of friends that understand Hermes, but no one that I can talk to as much as you ladies about my passion.

Orcids- If you look at the instructions on the sake bath it says to go from the tub into a cold invigorting shower- I love doing this. Unfortunatel I'm limited to quick showers while my arm is in a sling but once I'm healed I'm soaking till I get all pruney. :smile:

Saw the instructions---AIN'T doing it! No need for the cold shower to invigorate me--I've got a toddler invigorating me all day--I just want to soak in a hot bath when the day's over and dream about my next Hermes. :love:

TV - wishing you a speedy recovery!!

None of my friends understand my H obsession. I think my friends would freak if they knew the cost of a Kelly or a Birkin. I am so glad to have found this forum and all of the wonderful PFers here who I can share my obsession with. :flowers: