Oval Diamond East-West

nmarcus

Dec 4, 2007
Does anyone have an engagement ring with an oval cut diamond set east to west (sideways)? Please post pics of your ovals!

I once saw an antique Cartier ring with an oval set in pave diamonds east to west.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I think Catherine Zeta Jones has a marquise that is set east to west that is pretty. Similar to the overall look you wanted to see.

Here it is:

C387B1D551EF7A2CF7B459D194892B.jpg

I posted about this a few weeks ago too !!! There were some nice pictures that people posted. I have an oval I am thinking of setting in a "dome ring" with pave in an e/w setting too ! I am curious to read responses too !

I don't have one, but I would consider resetting my engagement ring (oval diamond) to make it an East/West set pinky ring.

Here's a ring from Diamonds by Lauren with a 3+ carat diamond in a partial bezel solitaire semi mount ring. There's also a pink 1.68 brownish pink oval with a diamond halo.

Attachments

• sdovalb2.jpg
    sdovalb2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5,124
  • 168b.JPG
    168b.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,618
Does anyone find that oval diamonds cost quite a bit more then typical cuts (ex. round, princess and even sometimes more then cushion)?

When we were diamond shopping we found the oppsite to be true. Ovals were less expensive. The sales associated I asked said that it's a less popular cut than the round or princess so you can usually get a better deal on a larger stone. We wanted an oval so it worked out :graucho:

When we were diamond shopping we found the oppsite to be true. Ovals were less expensive. The sales associated I asked said that it's a less popular cut than the round or princess so you can usually get a better deal on a larger stone. We wanted an oval so it worked out :graucho:

That is true. I don't know why they aren't that popular. I think you get more finger coverage for your money too w/ an oval. I love ovals- they are so classic looking. I think a big fat marquise cut is classic too, but I hate when they are cut skinny looking or super pointy.