White MC Wallets - Dirty?!

Jan 10, 2006
I'm thinking about getting a new wallet, but I'm trying to decide if I want to go with Epi or White MC. A red epi wallet would be nice, but it won't necessarily "coordinate" with all my bags. So I was thinking about splurging on the White MC Pouchette Porte Monnaie NM wallet... But I was just curious how it'll hold up... I've seen really OLD mono wallets that look great.

Will the White MC pick up the color from the suede lining of my bags? I've noticed that one of my bags has a chocolate brown suede lining that has rubbed off on to my lighter colored wallet. I'd hate to have that happen...

Bottom-line. How does white MC hold up?

I only have one MC item so my experience is limited but personally, I would not get a MC wallet if I plan to use it as an everyday wallet for the following reasons:
1. It's white and since I would be constantly worrying about getting it dirty and color from my bags and other items in my bag staining it.
2. I worry about rub off a lot. I think the more wear, the more likely the rub off occurs.

Its completely up to you. Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinking about getting a new wallet, but I'm trying to decide if I want to go with Epi or White MC. A red epi wallet would be nice, but it won't necessarily "coordinate" with all my bags. So I was thinking about splurging on the White MC Pouchette Porte Monnaie NM wallet... But I was just curious how it'll hold up... I've seen really OLD mono wallets that look great.

Will the White MC pick up the color from the suede lining of my bags? I've noticed that one of my bags has a chocolate brown suede lining that has rubbed off on to my lighter colored wallet. I'd hate to have that happen...

Bottom-line. How does white MC hold up?

I have an mc agenda and use it everyday, in and out of my bag with no issues not rubbing off or peeling. I've had it for almost 3 yrs now and it looks great.

If you think you'll have issues/ or are rough on things go with the epi.

I had a white PTI that I bought when they first came out and I loved it and used it ALL the time.

Eventually a bit of color tranfer spot appeared on the wallet. Nothing major but because its white you could see it. The transfer mostly appeared on the raised grains on the canvas.

Its still a gorgeous wallet. Get one. :yes:

I don't know the history of my cles, but it is ddiiiiirty from its previous owner.

I definitely like the white MC though, and I'd very much like a white MC koala wallet ! :yes:

if your realy not sure...buy a small white mc piece from ebay(anything unexpensive)and test it out,if its still ok after a lot of usage,then i guess you can buy a white mc wallet :smile:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm going to check out the MC in both black and white. But now I started thinking how for just a little more, I could get a Popincourt BAG :P Decisions, decisions...

i just purchased that wallet. I have the same fear as you. but i could not resist white MC it was much more pretty than the black so i got the white one instead. Yes i am paranoid with it now becuase i only got it last week, i'm puting it in my dust bag so it will store safely in my bag :smile:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm going to check out the MC in both black and white. But now I started thinking how for just a little more, I could get a Popincourt BAG :P Decisions, decisions...

I have the same problem..I really want the white MC wallet BUT its price $$$, like you said just add a bit more and get a BAG!!!
Which is why I am still using my gucci wallet with all my LV's:love:

I have a white MC agenda and two other white MC bags (Lodge and Speedy 30) and they don't get dirty easily. Sometimes you'll see some dust in between the canvas "cracks" and all I do is take my portable Clinique makeup brush (don't worry, it's CLEAN! lol) and give it some good dusting and all's fine again! :biggrin:

Yah, I own lots of white MC and they do not get dirty easily. Once, I got a pen mark on my Trouville and I took it to my SA and she cleaned it for me. Other than that, it is as clean as the day I bought it.