Could this be true? ? re Speedy handles

Jul 3, 2006
Ok - everyone, help me out on this one, please! I took my mono speedy in for new handles, chads and tabs about a month ago. I called to check on time frame and the SA told me that "they are out of Speedy handles in the United States and it is going to have to be sent to France for the new handles." Does this sound fishy? Aren't some speedies made in the U.S.? How can they be completely out of handles? I may be wrong, but am thinking it may have been sitting in a back room and they forgot to send it out . . . What do you all think? Does this sound strange?:roflmfao:

Well, you'll find out when it comes back. If it was repaired in France, the side tab will say Louis Vuitton made in france. If the repair was done in the us, the tab will read made in usa.

HTH

You may be better off if they send the bag to France. I heard if they replace the hanldes in US they also replace the tab (so if your bag says Made in France right now after they replace handles in US it will say Made in USA). Correct me if I am wrong.

Forgive I am a newbie cosidering the speedy...how often does one need to change the handles? Are all LV's the same in terms of changing the handles? What happened to your handles? At that price do some people just get a new bag?

Forgive I am a newbie cosidering the speedy...how often does one need to change the handles? Are all LV's the same in terms of changing the handles? What happened to your handles? At that price do some people just get a new bag?

It depends how you feel about patina!?! Not all LV's are the same. Some have different types of leather and it does not patina (change colors) the same way.

Well, considering the mono speedy is like $600 she is getting a better deal replacing the handles. The coated leather holds up rather well.

Take a look at the baby wipes thread. The darkening of those handles are what she is trying to clean. It is patinaed (spelling) and dirty. The damier, epi and new mini lin lines do not have the same leather at the mono canvas and others.

Ok - everyone, help me out on this one, please! I took my mono speedy in for new handles, chads and tabs about a month ago. I called to check on time frame and the SA told me that "they are out of Speedy handles in the United States and it is going to have to be sent to France for the new handles." Does this sound fishy? Aren't some speedies made in the U.S.? How can they be completely out of handles? I may be wrong, but am thinking it may have been sitting in a back room and they forgot to send it out . . . What do you all think? Does this sound strange?:roflmfao:

"out of handles"? that just sounds funny, did she have a straight look on her face? :lol:

I was talking to her on the phone, so I couldn't see her face, but I got the impression something just wasn't right. My feeling is that it was forgotten and didn't get sent out and that they were just going to send it now.