Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

I'm sitting in the kitchen smelling chicken stock, that I poured in the bottom of the roasting pan, and I'm wondering if the stock is bad. I'm cooking my very first turkey today and I'm so scared.

As for coach outlets and boutiques.. I've had to stay away, except for that last sale at Yorkdale, because I have a new mortgage that I have to help pay off. But I do agree that boutiques (expecially Canadian boutiques) should start having some sales in store, and whatever doesn't sell should be shipped to the outlets.

I WANT A COACH BAG!!! No money to spend though.

Also there are these weird bugs flying outside our house and I have no idea how to get rid of them.:cursing:

I have a number of choices what to do today and I'm wasting time trying to decide. My outlet doesn't have the blue bird 3-D charm so I'm wondering if I should go anyway to see if there are Columbus day sales. There's other types of shopping that needs to be done but nothing too pressing.
Also, I have the usual Monday's mountain of laundry and things I could be listing on *bay.

guancia, don't be afraid to roast the turkey. You can pour off the stock if you want to, a roasting turkey doesn't need it. Roast uncovered and during the last 45 min. of cooking put a loose tent of tin foil over it to prevent over-browning. It will make it's own natural juices that you can baste over the turkey if you desire.

Last edited:
i didnt dress up for the longest time, but i started again when i was 19 or 20... i wore my prom dress and a tiara and even had a wand lol last year i was mailyn monroe, and it was a big hit! i got hit on a lot by random men of all different ages at work(sears)..... haha :rolleyes: i was told i should go blonde lol

Attachments

• marilyn2.gif
    marilyn2.gif
    31 KB · Views: 783
  • marilyn3.gif
    marilyn3.gif
    36.1 KB · Views: 761
  • marilyn4.gif
    marilyn4.gif
    55 KB · Views: 745
  • marilyn-1.gif
    marilyn-1.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
Oh yay I love this thread - thanks baglady - great idea!

We just got back from a trip to the mall (the one closest to me with no Coach store, unfortunately!). My daughter is making her Confirmation in two weeks and my mom wanted to buy her an outfit to wear under her robe. She is a jeans and sneakers/Uggs kind of girl, so a dress purchase is always stressful, but she found something adorable right away, got shoes and everything. The little guy got a haircut (he's even cuter now if thats possible!), and some IronMan slippers!!! Nada for Mom, but that's ok!

I think T-Girl said it before, but it really is almost like the boutiques are just fronts to advertise a few products (not consistently though since they don't always carry the same things) and sell to perhaps a few customers who don't care about the price or can't get to other stores. Sometimes I wonder why pay those overhead costs?? :confused1:

Thanks JennE and BagLady39 for quoting me. I was so tired by the end of that day that my brain sparked some kind of 'a-ha!' connection andI had to write it down no matter how strange this theory may appear.

I hope Coach survives by sharing profits between Boutique and Outlet stores. It would break my heart if Coach went belly up because of mismangement or how they market and sell their products.

I know one thing: I have been contributing a great deal to the Coach Corporation with my funds to keep it going. I have not felt as passionately over other brands other than Roots and I've completely stopped buying Roots now since Coach came on the scene in the beginning of 2008 for me.

I hope Coach keeps going strong because I totally love the styles they produce. I looked at Burberry yesterday and walked in.

Sorry but I felt a little :throwup: when I saw the same brown/tan/black/red plaid prints all over the store. I was only in there for 10 seconds and I already wanted out. Coach is just so much prettier! I didn't even bother going into the Marc Jacobs store at all. (I apologize to those who love Marc and Bur, but I feel absolutely nothing for their stuff.)

It's Coach for me or nuthin! :P

i wish i had off today! but i went to work. and after 2 mo actually resigned from my current job to go down a different career path. so a weird day, but a good day.

and now my boyfriend is making me dinner. pretty great stuff ;)

I'm working today - darn it! Looking at my beautiful Julianne sitting in my office :drool:. I can't believe I've had this bag over a week and I still love it as much as the day I got it (sometimes I get over them too quickly - you know, the thrill of the search!).

Hoping you're all having a good day.

p.s. This is a great thread!

Great idea for a CHAT thread!

I'm excited for some people who were off for the holiday today...I was at work and just got home.
My boss is going out of town for the rest of the week which means hopefully a rather easy week for me!

I'm also getting ready to post pics of my weekend outlet purchases....

I worked a 1/2 day today since it was a holiday and my son did not have school. My son was not ready to stop playing with his friends/video game so I decided to go to the outlet since that is his least favorite place to go. I also figured I may as well go since it is a lot closer to my job than it is my house, even though that has never stopped me before. I may go and check out the new floorset over the weekend and this will definetly be something that he will not want to hear.

I didn't have the day off. I'm a graphic designer though and feel like I'm playing at work most of the time anyway. LOL

I'm home now with DS and DH....trying to figure out what to have for dinner.....but instead I'm on the forum and stalking ebay. It's a sickness. :shame:

I am still at work since I took off this past Friday. I hate coming back after a day off of work. I so like this idea of this thread where we can get to know each other better.

I think with the state of the ecomony right now that it is clear the outlets are the cash cows for Coach and many other retailers. (Judging by some of the articles recently online.) I for one never ever paid retail so I haven't really changed my shopping habits.

Well I need to get back to work so I can go home at some point tonight.

What an awesome idea for a thread.

I had to work today, and I have to say, I will be really glad when my project is over. It has been rather stressful, and as I need to schedule major surgery in the next few months, I'm more than ready for an end date to be set. Other than that, I'm pretty happy, and looking forward to getting my new studded hobo and snowflake keyring! :smile: