Is the Legacy Ali heavy?

WCLC

Feb 11, 2006
I'm looking at the Ali shoulder flap bag in whiskey for my DH to buy me for Christmas. I haven't been able to see it yet in person -- too busy. I'd like to get your opinion if you consider it to be lightweight, medium, or heavy.

Other coach bags I have for comparison would be the calfskin pocket satchel (large) and a patchwork gallery tote from last year. I don't consider these to be heavy.

Thanks.:smile:

I would say that it is medium; for how nice and thick the leather is, the bag is decent to carry. And this is coming from someone who carries a balenciaga 85% of the time! I have the bag in black and now wish I bought the whiskey. It is so hot in that color!

I agree that it is, at most, medium heavy. Not nearly as heavy as a Marc Jacobs bag, and yet I personally find the leather just as nice as one of those, if not nicer (partly because it doesn't spot in the rain, unlike MJ bags).

Becca4277 - thanks for the feedback. I like the black, too, but I have too many black bags. The whiskey seems unique.

Mharvey816 - Thanks for the comparison to MJ bags. I consider them to be heavy. I think I'll put this bag on my wish list.

I agree that it is, at most, medium heavy. Not nearly as heavy as a Marc Jacobs bag, and yet I personally find the leather just as nice as one of those, if not nicer (partly because it doesn't spot in the rain, unlike MJ bags).

Sorry, this is off topic, but I have been trying to find this out for the longest time: what is the full name of the legacy bag in mharvey's avatar? whats the style #, if anyone knows that as well.

I'm looking at the Ali shoulder flap bag in whiskey for my DH to buy me for Christmas. I haven't been able to see it yet in person -- too busy. I'd like to get your opinion if you consider it to be lightweight, medium, or heavy.

Other coach bags I have for comparison would be the calfskin pocket satchel (large) and a patchwork gallery tote from last year. I don't consider these to be heavy.

Thanks.:smile:

I have the calfskin pocket satchel in saddle color (1808) and I get more compliments on that bag than any other I have ever owned. It is my favorite.

I don't like big heavy bags and I don't find the Ali to be too big or heavy.

I don't know anything about the gallery tote. Sorry.

It's funny you asked this question, as I weighed my Ali just the other night, and empty, and she is 2.7 lbs. Filled with my "essentials" she is exactly 5 lbs. I don't really fill her up, though. Contents are: mini skinny, Ergo wristlet, lip gloss, chapstick, Treo 700p, pencil case w/ pens, Ibuprofen bottle, little Tupperware pill box made in the '80s, dental floss, titanium flash drive, Ray Ban sunnies w/ case, and lotion. Maybe half of the time I carry my little Olympus Stylus camera in a Bleecker wristlet and that weighs .5 pounds. I used to carry my iPod but I am lending it to my dh.

So, maybe that will give you some idea of how heavy Ali is. The wide strap helps with weight distribution, too.