City vs Work

P.S. you'll notice that you'll be very hard-pressed to find any photos of a part time hanging from the shoulder strap on this forum...and if you do see one, you can almost bet that it has either nothing in it, or only a very few items in it.** That's because it simply doesn't look good hanging from the strap ... there, I said it. May be a controversial statement but I think it's true. ;) It completely obscures the beauty of the moto design.

------
**or another option could be that it's stuffed to the gills so that it can't "slouch."

Hm, I've posted a number of pictures with the part time hanging from the shoulder strap with just my normal amount of stuff in it. Not stuffed to the gills, but not empty either. I'm happy to repost if anyone is interested

I think the part time looks great whichever way it's worn. But I agree with BT, it seems to be a love it or hate it situation ...

Last edited:
For your first bag, it's got to be a City. It's my first BBag too and I find that it's more versatile than the Work. Sure the Work is best suited for travelling but can you really bring a big bag like that to a dinner party of sorts? Especially with the lack of shoulder straps. Unless you want to defy convention though lol. But with the City, you'll be able to fit A LOT of things in it and it looks sleeker and perfect for any occasion.

You guys are all awesome! There is great information here for a newbie like me. It has been such an education hearing your advice and looking at the reference pictures. I need to go and try them on now. But here is my problem with that. I live in the Boston area and I don't know who carries a big variety of Bbags. There is no Balenciaga boutique here. What to do?

If you carry files with you, then you really need a Work. If you won't need files to carry around, then the city shall be fine.

Either or, you are not going to regret it.

Besides, once you get the city , you will want the work anyhow... It's just a matter of time..:smile:

I promise you that.. Bbags are so addicting!!!

Yeah that's so true! Look what happened to me! In a month I got like 20 Bbags! So watch and pace yourself...lol. And about the size...I agree with everyone that it depends on how much you carry. The City is great to carry at night too. I don't know if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, since a couple of us do.

No, the part time comes with the regular hardware too. It's just hard to find. Someone at the Austin NM told me that she has a customer in California she calls every time a new color of Part Time RH comes into the store, and usually the customer buys it.

No, the part time comes with the regular hardware too. It's just hard to find. Someone at the Austin NM told me that she has a customer in California she calls every time a new color of Part Time RH comes into the store, and usually the customer buys it.

Thank you, fiatflux. Now I have to find out where in Boston I can go to try them all on. :shrugs:

Yeah that's so true! Look what happened to me! In a month I got like 20 Bbags! So watch and pace yourself...lol. And about the size...I agree with everyone that it depends on how much you carry. The City is great to carry at night too. I don't know if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, since a couple of us do.

Demi,

20 Bbags in a month!!!!!!! Yikes..... That is amazing. I wish I could do that.