Autumn is approaching..

shoegal27

sunglass addict
Sep 9, 2007

I am very sad to say goodbye to summer, but Fall has many perks as well to look forward to. Living on the East coast, the weather is really nice, could be warm, with a ting brisk air. I love to go out east to the Hamptons to the wineries and pumpkin pick at all the local farms. I do get excited to wear my nice sweaters, and tall boots again. And Halloween is so much fun. What do you all like about the Fall?

I love everything about fall! Seriously, I become giddy just thinking about fall starting.

I love the crisp air and the leaves changing. I like wearing layered clothes and going on hayrack rides. I love the festive wreaths people put on their doors and all of the pumpkins. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so of course I have to put that in there.

College football is fun, too.

I needed this thread then, b/c I am so sad that Sept is approaching and Fall is coming. I used to really love the fall/winter, but in recent years I have really gotten so depressed in those months. So please ladies keep this thread going and talk about all the fun the Fall offers.

hot apple cider at Fall festivals
hay rides and spooky walks near Halloween
candy corn
cool brisk air
tall boots
pumpkin picking
corn on the cob out east at the stands

Totally not close to fall here. Florida is a toasty 86 degrees in my neck of the woods, will get to 90 before the day is out.

Sadly, there are no leaves changing, very few sweater days...I've never been on a hayride. :tdown:

Fall is always my favorite time of the year, even when we lived in northern Michigan and we knew what crappy winter weather was looming in the near future. There's nothing like taking a color tour and visiting wineries and cider mills. We don't have that in Florida where we live now, and I sometimes miss those things.

I"m sorry to see summer ending. It feels like it never really got going. Fall is a nice time of year too, except that it brings winter which I hate.

I LOOOVE fall!! I love the weather because I'd rather dress in jeans and a sweatshirt rather than shorts and a tee. I also love Halloween and hay rides, haunted houses, that type of thing. I'm excited to go back to college too.

I can't imagine living anywhere but New England in the Fall. It's my favorite season by far. I will miss flip flops and lazy summer days though. I am looking forward to putting the kids back on the bus.....going to farms......buying pumpkins......getting Halloween costumes.....lighting apple cider candles in the house......crisp autumn days.......sweaters......not sweating.......shutting the a/c off for a change and opening the windows.............. what's NOT to love about the Fall?! :smile:

I can't wait to see summer end -- it's my least favorite time of year. I think we've been conditioned to go beserk over it simply because we spent 12 formative years looking forward to the recess of school.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I try to fit in as many activities as possible. I kayak, climb, camp. I love vineyards and hikes, walks through the city. If I can, I spend a week or two in France -- it's beautiful there in the fall. :love:

I love fall here in NYC. DH & I got married in October 2007 so this fall we're excited to celebrate our 1st anniversary!
I will miss summer tho! School starts again, excited to see my awesome co-workers and meet a new class of kids.
Spending Saturdays at the bar watching college football with friends is pretty much a norm among the younger crowd here - can't wait!
I have a large stack of DVDs, mostly chick flicks, just waiting for the colder nights when I want to stay in and veg and I'm just dying to open them up!