Anyone else confused by the resale prices on MJ lately?

The live.com discount has a lot to do with it, which kindda sucks because if a seller wants $500 for her bag, why raise it by 25% simply because the buyer gets a discount? That's the point of a discount--getting the bag for less. And in this case the seller still gets the $500 because MSN is paying the cashback. As a seller, I prefer to sell my bag asap for a fair price than inflate the price and see what happens. And as a buyer, I've been shunning sellers who overnight upped prices because of Live. :blah:

I agree with your statement. I think I have been doing the same thing but not quite being able to put it in words as you have done. Bravo! :tup:

Kuddos to the bag flipper! I have no patience for that..that is a wonderful way to gain some extra $. :supacool:

Tadpole~ I had heard of stores doing this before, it is dishonest...bummer too. Makes you wary to purchase ya' know?

I will tell you that when I was younger and worked at Express they never did that. A sale was a sale was a sale.

I have to say that I'm a little shocked by how much some sellers are asking for used bags. There was that indigo Blake that was used and listed for $700+, and I really had to haggle my most recent seller down as he wanted $600 for a Blake in used condition. :s

I have to say that I'm a little shocked by how much some sellers are asking for used bags. There was that indigo Blake that was used and listed for $700+, and I really had to haggle my most recent seller down as he wanted $600 for a Blake in used condition. :s

that's kinda high:wtf:

OMG you got a brick blake??!?!??!?! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::yahoo: :party:

I will tell you that when I was younger and worked at Express they never did that. A sale was a sale was a sale.

heehee. I worked at Express too (many moons ago).

I thought I was the only one that was frustrated with the high prices on listings. I've been hunting down a bag that was listed at retail, then only 25% off retail. I know this bag was 60% off at Nordies and i had it in my hands (but not the cash that day).

It's a bummer, but just makes for more fun hunting for bargains.

I thought the Live.com promo had something to do with it, but you ladies make good points for other reasons.