Do you NEED RM Rehab?! IF SO, please join RM Anonymous HERE

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Hey gals!!

MY NAME IS DESI (not disclosing real name) and I AM AN RM ADDICT.... (so they say this is the first step to success overcoming your obsession).... :shame::sweatdrop:

OK so i will say i discovered RM in Feb 2008 and since then have acquired:

Tangerine MAB
Black/Red Matinee
Night/Gold Crackle MAB
WINE Matinee
Wine Nikki
White/Cream Dream Bag
Stone Nikki
Sunshine Nikki
Seafoam Mini Nikki
Emerald MAB
Ocean Nikki
White BW MAM
Evergreen Nikki
Fuschia Lex (in process of returning for an ocean lex)
Grape Croc MA clutch
Gold Kiss and Make Up
Lavender Blind Date Clutch

AND then i have already preordered:

Black stripe Cheri
Iris Henri
Concord Nikki
Scarlett Nikki
Light Grey Matinee
Navy Luxe Nolita
and a DUO

That makes 24, :nuts: I mean 24 RMs for me in 5 month:Push::wtf:

SERIOUSLY i need RM therapy. NOT to forget, there are about 15 more RM's on my wish list... i need to stop...

Rebecca- i am the homeless girl with all my RM bags in your "the road" pic. Its just a different body, I swear :yes:

well, i certainly don't have the number of RM's as you do-but if i'm up at 1am doing "RM MAM" research for my 2nd RM bag i'm getting this weekend, barely only getting my 1st mab a little over a week ago and am figuring out how to get a couple others before my big trip in september...and am considering cancelling one of my annual trips before summer ends and possibly selling another bag worth great value for 2 more RM bags, then i must need to go to RM rehab before it gets really out of hand.
have i mentioned my dreams about mab's too??
and then being on tPF at 1am??
all that = all the early signs RM rehab may be necessary soon!
:shame:

Oh, yeah - I'm on tfp at 1:11am pst - I'm definately a candidate;) Just discovered RM (right after I discovered BE and Balenciaga) and am up to: Two MAB's, One Matinee, a Nikki I had to return due to damage, One Kiss and Makeup, One Blind Date Clutch and a French Tote on the way plus I want a Clutch and something in the Scarlett and maybe a Rendevous too! I'm selling a couple of Bal's though so it should all even out (I hope);)

OMG Desi, I actually just did an excel chart of my RM bags! :shame:

With me selling, acquiring and pre-ordering like what, I've gone down to 9 from 12. That's good, right?

Desi, you have got us all beat, hands down! Do you actually wear all of those bags? I only own two RMs and one other bag and I feel guilty if I carry one more than the others -- how do you do it? How can you only carry one at a time???

well, i certainly don't have the number of RM's as you do-but if i'm up at 1am doing "RM MAM" research for my 2nd RM bag i'm getting this weekend, barely only getting my 1st mab a little over a week ago and am figuring out how to get a couple others before my big trip in september...and am considering cancelling one of my annual trips before summer ends and possibly selling another bag worth great value for 2 more RM bags, then i must need to go to RM rehab before it gets really out of hand.
have i mentioned my dreams about mab's too??
and then being on tPF at 1am??
all that = all the early signs RM rehab may be necessary soon!

I'm with you here! I JUST discovered RM in the last few weeks....well, I heard of RM last year but for whatever reason- never really looked into them....but then I started doing "research" for my next bag purchase on TPF and that's when I got officially hooked. Since then- I've purchased 3 MABs (one I gave to my sister for her bday, one I have in my possession and another that will be here on Thu.). Last night I was up late and tried to bid and win a matinee bag (sadly, I lost but I hope it went to another TPFer.) And now...I'm just waiting for the boutiques to open so I can call about another matinee!:shame:

Keep in mind that I live in a town that does NOT have RM bags anywhere nearby so all this is done, pretty much sight unseen and via phone/internet. If this isn't the makings of an RM addict, I don't know WHAT is. :shrugs:

On a side note though, Desi, your collection is TDF!!! :drool: I don't know how you do it but I am grateful to live vicariously through you.:wlae:

I have been an RM Addict for about 18 months.

I have purchased 8 RM's in that time and currently own 7 (soon to be 6, when I get one up on ebay.)

I also have another 2 on preorder.

It doesn't sound that terrible does it? Trust me it is. I am BROKE!

Desi, girl I am a bit worried about you now :wondering

I think i'm definitely a little worried about myself too... last night i sat down to do the numbers, and if i sold all my bags i could pay off all my debt including student loans etc....

BUT i'm not going to part with my collection.... there are a few bags here and there i don't wear, but honestly, RM is the only designer i have come to really after years of just wanting the "perfect" bags. I'm pretty happy with my collection, but the rate its growing at is what worries me!! At the rate i'm going, it would be 50 RM's a year.... :wtf:

Wow, now I don't feel so weird for typing out an inventory for all my bags and then storing them according to that order (nicely packed in their dust bags, o' course)... and I too obsess over RM research and my budget, in fact TPF has really *helped* me in that sense, now I write down everything I spend and carefully plan for my next RM!

(What can I say?)

ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

After dear desi (you are a brave woman!): I AM LOQUITA (real name could incriminate me) AND I AM AN RM ADDICT...

My DH tried an "intervention" with me last week after I introduced him to my new MAB. He told me that I have a problem because I keep needing a "fix."

He has now resorted to involving our puppy in his guilt trips by saying things like, "Charlie doesn't understand why you love your purses more than him and spend more time taking photos of your bags than playing with him." As if. Ha!

My DH tried an "intervention" with me last week after I introduced him to my new MAB. He told me that I have a problem because I keep needing a "fix."

He has now resorted to involving our puppy in his guilt trips by saying things like, "Charlie doesn't understand why you love your purses more than him and spend more time taking photos of your bags than playing with him." As if. Ha!

Oooo, that's LOW. :roflmfao:

(And yeah, my man does the same thing with our doggie -- but then again, my pup :heart:s RM! (Check out my new avatar, hee hee)