Used Balenciaga Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I have never purchased a Balenciaga, or even seen one in person, but I found a light blue that I like. The size is 15 x 9 or so, and I don't know what the style is...can anyone tell me a fair price for this bag used in very good/excellent condition and what it might have cost new?

Attachments

• d0_1.JPG
    d0_1.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 778
That website is the bible of B-bags. That looks like a city to me. Ateliernaff's site has all the information you need to know. Typically, a brand new city goes for $1195. Used, it really depends on the condition, the rarity of the color (or rather the demand for the color).

Good luck!

because balenciaga does not reissue it's seasonal colors the value of the bag is set by the person who wants it.

Basically someone will pay new or even over retail for a color that they really wanted and did not get when it was released. This is how I feel about calcaire.

I paid just under retail for my ice blue city off of Ebay. I really wanted that color, and I love :love: it.

ETenebris said:
I have never purchased a Balenciaga, or even seen one in person, but I found a light blue that I like. The size is 15 x 9 or so, and I don't know what the style is...can anyone tell me a fair price for this bag used in very good/excellent condition and what it might have cost new?

The Balenciaga you are looking at is no longer in season. It is a City and retails new for $1190. So I would imagine you would be paying anywhere between $900 and $1100. I just purchased a Lilac B-bag from 04' in excellent condition. Because the color is so hard to find I paid way higher than retail. But for me it is worth it. Good Luck to you.;)

Thanks to all, and for the website! I asked the seller what she paid, and she purchased the bag from Singapore for $1395 which makes me a bit leery, especially since the "receipt" is from Barneys NY. So I think I will pass on the bag and consider the light blue Paddington instead. Has anyone seen this color in person? What do you think of it?

I've seen the blue paddy for this season. the color is called jeans moyen or blue clair (not sure of spelling). it's more of a light blue gray and quite lovely if you like blue. i have a brown on order from LVR with delivery in March. when i saw the blue i thought about ordering that too but i have to take it easy on bags for now:shame:

Excellent! I was hoping for more of the blue grey color rather than a baby blue. That sounds lovely. I wear a lot of neutrals and jeans, so this might be a cute addition. The question is whether to spend more money on the Paddington when I have the Edith on the way! :huh:

bijin said:
I've seen the blue paddy for this season. the color is called jeans moyen or blue clair (not sure of spelling). it's more of a light blue gray and quite lovely if you like blue. i have a brown on order from LVR with delivery in March. when i saw the blue i thought about ordering that too but i have to take it easy on bags for now:shame:

Has anyone seen this color in person? What do you think of it?

this is an 05 sky blue city. it's a beautiful color and goes nicely with denim. i downsized my collection and sold it last year on ebay. the leather on mine was thick and smooshy. it was in excellent condition and it sold for $1100.

I knew something was wrong here... I remember ET having a Pewter b-bag so I thought it was strange hearing that she's never bought a b-bag. This thread is so old! :lol:

attachment.php

hmmm...usually for a used bag depends on the condition of the bag (if it's mint condition), it would range from USD1100 and above....this is a city style and i think looks like blue india to me. But if the condition is so used (have been used many times), sometimes it may range from USD799-999......also, u must find out if the bag includes everything such as extra tassels, tags, mirror and dustbag. Also, must check which year is this bag produced as more rare or vintage older bbag, the price may go much higher than this and also depends on the color that has the demand.....:yes: :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.