Gucci bag repair

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I have a vintage Gucci I personally bought in 1989. (I still have the receipt!)The magnetic clasp on the bag does not stay closed. As this bag is a clutch type with strap, if it falls open the contents of my bag spills. Does anyone know if Gucci will do repairs on older bags?
Also, how old does a bag have to be to be called vintage? I am seeing bags no more than 5 or 6 years old being called vintage...:confused1:

great question!!! I too want to find out because I have my 1st Gucci bag that I bought back in 2001 and the magnetic snap came off. :sad: I wonder what their repair policy is. TIA!!!

i just got a bag repaired and they said if you can prove that it was purchased within a year from a gucci store (not saks or other authorized dealers, just gucci) that the repair is free. otherwise you had to pay. my bag was a current bag though so i dunno the deal on vintage peices...

It depends on the type of repair, so it is probably best if you could take it in and have them look at it. If it is just magnetic closure, they should be able to fix it.

I sent my gucci sling bag for repair in Feb 2008 and they told me it will take 6 months or more to send it back to me. ;( I want to know does it really take so long for them to repair a bag? By the way, I am from malaysia and the SA told me they sent it to Italy for repair. That's why I have to wait for 6 months. Is it true?

I'm pretty sure that if you take it to a Guci store, they will do repairs on a vintage bag. Your repair seems pretty simple. If not, I'm sure they can recommend someone who can do the work. Please let us know what they tell you. It would be a shame if they said "no".

i repaired two gucci bags this year through their repair program. neither were from current collections. each one cost me about $220.00 plus a $20.00 inspection fee. gosh! coach will repair and/or replace bags for free! oh well, i still love gucci!

the bottom corners of my joliecoeur is getting worn due to 2 years of use. does gucci repair the canvas?

The corners starting fading on my navy horsebit within the first 3 months. The manager at the Gucci boutique sent my off for leather corners. Since it was only 3 months old free, re-done $60-$80 per corner. They look nice though.

Here are some pics of the corners.

Attachments

• DSC03474 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03474 (Medium).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 12,339
  • DSC03477 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03477 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 12,020
  • DSC03478 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03478 (Medium).JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 12,481
I brought in a bag to a Gucci store that was 20+ years old and I had no receipt. They had to send it out and then contact me with how much it cost to repair. They fixed it and I had the bag back in about a month and a half. Also, you would never be able to tell that the bag was repaired.

to the above poster.... how much did they charge? I have a few bags from the 80's that the leather is sort of peeling off. Maybe I should have them repaired. I just don't want to pay in the hundreds of dollars for the repair.
Thanks