Where's the best place to sell used handbags?

Use Ebay to get an idea of what your bags are selling for by using the advanced search feature to look at completed items. Once you get an idea of what they are worth try Ebay yourself or use craigslist if you are in a metropolitan area, just don't take any wierd Western Union orders if you do use Craigslist. Insist on cash. Anything that's left donate to a charity, women's shelter or one of the organizations that give poor women business outfits so they can get back into the workforce.

I actually sold a couple of bags through my local newspaper, and a couple to friends. The only prob with local papers is that some brands may not be well-known to the general public. Luckily for me Marc Jacobs and Prada are! I wouldn't be scared of eBay, so long as you're assertive and honest in your listing. Myself, I was just too lazy. Also I have been travelling a lot this year and didn't feel I had the time.

I have an expensive bag I am trying to resell, listed it on bonanzle with no luck. I dont' think anyone locally would buy here. As far as the Marketplace goes, I have applied twice and never get any response. :sad:

This thread in the ebay forum has a long list of consignment shops to consign bags: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/heres-a-huge-list-of-consignment-stores-469372.html

Regarding Portero.com, they seem to be quite reputable and have been featured in the Wall St. Journal as a luxury goods consignor. I have not consigned with them before but have talked with a representative about their consignment terms and they seem very professional and on the up-and-up.

Totally agree with above about selling on ebay - I did it for years and racked up over 75K in feedback at one point. Pictures are important and so is being sure to be clear and fair. Factor in the fees and your shipping costs and maybe set shipping at free, or at least keep it reasonable. Post some other things you want to get out of your life before your big ticket items and be sure to keep your customers happy - both so you can get some great feedback, but also for the goodwill of happy buyers (who may be future buyers).

Definitely block those negative/0 feedback bidders. I know everyone starts somewhere, but you do run into folks who are new to ebay and can be exceptionally unpleasant and difficult. For the most part, though, it's a really easy way to sell items if you're reasonable about what you're trying to get.

I've done consignment as well and it's certainly easier - you just drop it off, and pick up the check. No pictures, no emails, no shipping. Expect that you'll be losing out on the $ in your pocket for the convenience, though.

Good luck!

i know wat you mean about the new ebayer trouble. i sold a 3 year old coach hobo there. it was used somewhat(just in springtime) but still in great condition. I had tons of pictures and everything. this buyer wanted to buy it so bad and finally won. wen she got it she said it was dingy nothing like the pictures. i guarantee you it was not dingy. And it sold for really cheap but she was still trying to short me four dollars! then she complained that my shipping price was ridiculous. she obviously didnt know about people wanting their fees covered in with the shipping price. i've seen people actually charge like maybe 50 dollars for the item then maybe 200 on shipping. maybe not to incur fees? anyway, just a horrible buyer.

i didn't have any luck with bonanzle either. none of my friends are purse crazy like me, they like my bags, but i doubt they'd buy my bags for what they're worth.

I think that if you are going to sell your bag, you need to get the idea out of your head of what you think they will go for. If you do ebay, as already mentioned start at 0.99 and see where it goes. You can always put a reserve on it if you do not want to sell it for much.

I've sold a ton on eBay over the years. In order to not take a chance at not getting a decent price, I research sales of similar items for the past 30 days and see the average selling price. I then go to the lowest number I can stomach close to the average selling price and start the bidding there.

Starting too high will deter bidders, but starting at 99¢ scares me too much. I've gotten good money starting the bidding at $250 with the assurance that the bag is authentic and offering a return policy.

Avelle is an excellent site to sell your designer handbags. They are the most professional source for recycling those gorgeous bags, you no longer carry. I first learned about them when I saw, Sex in the City, the movie. Since then, I've read about them in Vogue, Instyle, and WWD.

Avelle is the best option compared to other auction sites, because they'll offer the top price, and payment is instant cash without the hassle.

They also buy many other items such as, jewelry, sunglasses, wallets and watches.

It's true, they have the largest collection of designer bags for rent, but Avelle can also clean and repair any bag to it's original condition.

I think Avelle is the most credible site for recycling those designer accessories, you no longer need cluttering your closet.