This Poor Baby Stam!! How could Someone Do That??

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I got all excited when I saw this listing and was going to post it in the ebay thread, until I noticed that it's poor little kisslock is broke off!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marc-Jacobs-Lit...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

108029712_tp.jpg

A gorgeous 1st Season (2005) Taupe Baby Stam in Icy Leather!! I have one of these & oh so heavenly!! I don't think MJ would repair this since it's obviously way beyond the 18 mos "warranty" period -- Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Maybe Nordstroms repairs could do it (they have a pretty good repair service) -

It's such a shame and would be a waste of an authentic MJ if someone couldn't get this beauty!!

it's probably refurbished or from a sample sale or something...but it's real, just broken. it's such a great price if you don't mind not putting anything inside!

I wish MJ repairs would just repair bags or refer you to someone that could, even if it is past the 18 months. Are you supposed to just toss a bag if something like this happens? I'm sure customers would gladly pay a decent price for a competent repair job.

aww sad. theres probably some like shoe cobbler or handbag fixer that would put it back on. itll probably go for pretty low and the repairs probably wouldnt be too hefty.

I still wonder if maybe Nordstroms could fix it -- Most of their stores have a repair service (or a repair "guy") and the bag doesn't have to have been purchased from them for you to have repairs done. Of course there's a charge, but it shouldn't be all THAT much (and if they sell refurbished bags at the Rack, they can obviously repair these things)

If that could not be fixed to be exactly like the original, what could be done is this:

You could get some leather that would match the bag...a shoe repair or leather store would be able to do this. Then, you could create a "loop" or a braided loop...attach it to the side of the bag that is broken (from the inside, but have a professional do this) and have a loop closure over the remaining kiss lock.

Or.................

You could take off the other kiss lock, have the little hole repaired with matching leather and then add a button and loop closure or an inside magnetic closure.

I am sure there are other options, these are just two that come to mind. I am sure a shoe repair store could come up with something or a specialty handbag repair.