Aaron Carter

When someone is caught robbing a bank, no one would say "well, it's not as bad as raping and killing". Okay, that example is too far off....but comparing crimes is sort of pointless.

I'm not proud of him.

I'm just saying he was stupid for driving with it.

In terms of the pot itself . . . . let's not go there, because I don't want this thread to turn into drugs vs. the law debate.

Aaron Carter's Father: 'I Feel Hurt and Betrayed'

By Steve Helling
Originally posted Friday February 22, 2008 03:50 PM EST

Aaron Carter Photo by: Todd Williamson / WireImage
aaron_carter2.jpg
A day after Aaron Carter was arrested for investigation of marijuana possession in Texas, Bob Carter is speaking out about his arrest.

"I'm just totally floored by this," Carter tells PEOPLE. "Other people suspected he had a problem, but I denied it and didn't believe it. But now I feel hurt and betrayed, because I see that everything wasn't what I thought it was."

Carter believes that his son was heading to Georgia to confront him about finances at the time of his arrest. "His new managers are trying to convince him that I'm the reason he's going broke," he says. "It's not true; I don't live off Aaron's money."

A statement released by the singer's manager to Entertainment Tonight, said: "On his way to Florida bringing his two dogs to live on a large ranch, Aaron Carter was detained today in Texas by a trooper for exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph. A search revealed a small amount of marijuana, a misdemeanor in this state. He is posting bail and will return to Los Angeles. He sincerely regrets any embarrassment this caused to his family, friends and fans."

Bob Carter tells PEOPLE that he hopes the arrest will serve as a wake-up call to the 20-year-old star. "Aaron has always thought he was invincible," he says. "Sometimes it takes a knock in the head to get people back on track. I hope that's what happens here."

Having reached out to Aaron since his arrest, Carter pledges to help his son with anything he needs. "The bottom line is that I love my son very much," he says. "It's important that he knows that I will do anything for him."

Meanwhile, elder brother and Backstreet Boy Nick learned about the arrest while on tour in Australia. "He tried to call me this morning, but I had my phone off. I hope Nick can help talk some sense into Aaron," Carter says.

The Carter family has had a fractious relationship over the years. In 2003, Aaron alleged that his mother, Jane, had removed more than $100,000 from his bank account without permission. The next year, Jane was arrested and charged with battery for beating up Bob Carter's new girlfriend. In 2006, Aaron and Nick got into a fistfight before the premiere of their reality show, House of Carters. "We've had some very tough times," says Bob Carter. "There's a lot of pitfalls to growing up in the public eye."

https://themighty.com/2017/07/aaron-carter-chronic-illness-and-body-shaming-with-enterta/

Aaron Carter Talks About Chronic Illness and Body Shaming With Entertainment Tonight

It can be hard to love your body when a chronic illness changes the way you look — and loving yourself can be even harder when you are constantly being shamed online because of your appearance. That’s what Aaron Carter wants his fans to know, he told Entertainment Tonight in an interview last week.

Carter, 29, known for his childhood hits “I Want Candy” and “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It),” said he was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia when he was 19. Since then, he’s lost 20 pounds from the pain and discomfort of his condition.

One of the hardest parts of living with chronic illness, he admitted was seeing the way his body has changed and dealing with body shaming.

“Oh my God, it hurts so badly,” he said when asked how he feels about his image. “It hurts so badly because there’s like nothing I can do about it.”

According to Carter, he receives hurtful messages from body shamers daily. Those criticizing him have asked why he looks so slim, why his face is so thin or if he does drugs like meth. The constant messages and hurtful comments, he said, have led him to deactivate his social media on multiple occasions.

When asked how he would respond to those who’ve body shamed him. Carter tearfully responded, “I am sorry for the way that I look.”

Not all of the comments he’s received have been critical. “To keep it 100 percent with you, there are so many other guys out there that have been reaching out to me on Twitter,” he explained. “I’m actually becoming a voice for people who are going through this.”

The interview comes several days after Carter was arrested for having marijuana in his possession. According to Carter, he smokes as a way of managing his chronic pain and anxiety as well as to stimulate his appetite.

“To everybody, I say, ‘Give me a break so I can look better, so I can eat,'” he added.