Rough day...going up to outlet for some COACH outlet therapy

divalicioust

Hello Kitty Princess
Jan 10, 2008
Today was a really rough day, one of my good friends lost her nana to cancer and I went to the memorial service, she was a wonderful woman, but this really hit home because my ex-boyfriend (college sweetheart) was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. We renewed our friendship several years ago. I left the church feeling so bad, physically, I cried so hard throughout the service I started to feel sick and I couldn't even make it back to the house to be there for my friend.

I know a COACH bag won't take the pain away and it may sound shallow but shopping is therapeautic for me. I'm hoping there are some nice sales tomorrow when I drive up to the outlet.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

Im so sorry for your friends loss, and for the bad news you've received about your ex.
Life just sucks sometimes. I definitely understand the need for some retail therapy - its good to just go and do something you enjoy at times like that. It cant make everything better, but for a little while it'll take your mind off of things, and sometimes that little break from reality is very helpful. Please take care, and let us know if you get some goodies!

Im so sorry for your friends loss, and for the bad news you've received about your ex.
Life just sucks sometimes. I definitely understand the need for some retail therapy - its good to just go and do something you enjoy at times like that. It cant make everything better, but for a little while it'll take your mind off of things, and sometimes that little break from reality is very helpful. Please take care, and let us know if you get some goodies!

Thanks so much for your kind words, I appreciate it and I do think it will be a nice break from reality.

I'm so sorry to hear that diva! Thats what I do to handle situations is to shop also... Its not selfish... its just something you do to deal with your emotions... nothing wrong with that... My utmost thoughts and prayers go out to both of your friends...

Today was a really rough day, one of my good friends lost her nana to cancer and I went to the memorial service, she was a wonderful woman, but this really hit home because my ex-boyfriend (college sweetheart) was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. We renewed our friendship several years ago. I left the church feeling so bad, physically, I cried so hard throughout the service I started to feel sick and I couldn't even make it back to the house to be there for my friend.

I know a COACH bag won't take the pain away and it may sound shallow but shopping is therapeautic for me. I'm hoping there are some nice sales tomorrow when I drive up to the outlet.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

(((((HUGS))))) I am sorry to hear about your friends loss and about your ex! That is very sad! I am glad you are able to spend some time with him before he goes. I know how you feel about shopping being therapeutic! I feel the same way.

I'm so sorry to hear that diva! Thats what I do to handle situations is to shop also... Its not selfish... its just something you do to deal with your emotions... nothing wrong with that... My utmost thoughts and prayers go out to both of your friends...

Thank you so much, I'm glad someone else understands. I'm just tired of sitting around crying and I need to get my mind off of things.

I'm so sorry and no you don't sound shallow for doing what you are doing. I do the exact same thing. I actually was planning on doing the same thing this weekend after a rough week myself, if it helps you deal with it, then that's what you do. ((((hugs))))

I'm so sorry and no you don't sound shallow for doing what you are doing. I do the exact same thing. I actually was planning on doing the same thing this weekend after a rough week myself, if it helps you deal with it, then that's what you do. ((((hugs))))

Thanks Katie, I hope your weekend gets better as well after a hard week.

How sad for you and your friends. Things sometimes happen that can just overwhelm us, huh? By wanting to go shopping, you are showing a hopeful looking to your own future. It's perfectly normal and absolutely understandable.

I hope you have a large block of enjoyment while you're out looking.

How sad for you and your friends. Things sometimes happen that can just overwhelm us, huh? By wanting to go shopping, you are showing a hopeful looking to your own future. It's perfectly normal and absolutely understandable.

I hope you have a large block of enjoyment while you're out looking.

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's nana and your friend. :sad: I agree with above posters...retail therapy isn't shallow. It takes your mind off of "real world stuff" and puts you in a "happy place" even if its short-lived. I always come home from shopping feeling refreshed and stress-free....hmmmm.....Can I come with you? ;) LOL!! Take care sweetie. Hope you're feeling better soon. Post pics of your goodies when you get back.:yes:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss and your other friend's illness. We are all hear for you. If you ever need to talk you can always PM me. (((HUGS))) to you and your friend. Stay strong.:flowers: