question about the RM Nikki....

stephluvspurses

i love me some bags!
O.G.
Aug 6, 2007
Hi everyone...

I had recently bought a chocolate Nikki...and it seems the hardware is a bit squeaky. Anyone else have that problem? If so...how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance! :heart:

Hmmm...I'm not sure what sort of noise mine makes, but it does make some noise. I just attributed it to chunky hardware on an unstructured bag. Can you be more specific about it being noisy? Is it just when you're carrying it or is it "squeaky" when you handle the hardware?

^Hmm thats interesting. I cant say that I have encountered that. The dogleash enclosures on my MA makes a squeaky sound when I open and close it though!

yes it is where the leather comes in contact with the hardware. it rubs up against each other and becomes squeaky.

any advice? :shrugs:

Maybe the leather will soften up as you wear it more? I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the leather or the hardware as it might leave some residue, mark, etc.

Just think of it as the bag "talking" to you - "Thank you steph for taking me outside today! You have so many bags and I love getting attention from you!" and so on.

Maybe the leather will soften up as you wear it more? I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the leather or the hardware as it might leave some residue, mark, etc.

Just think of it as the bag "talking" to you - "Thank you steph for taking me outside today! You have so many bags and I love getting attention from you!" and so on.

That is so funny:lol:

:roflmfao: that's is cute...and hilarious! i love it! great idea...

I think it's the twisty part above the RM logo of the side hardware. My new black basketweave was squeaking today and it was driving me nuts! lol Hopefully it will stop!

Can you tell us more about your choc nikki?

I recently pre-ordered one.

Which chocolate is it? From the last season (Hillary Duff's version)?

I"m getting a little confused with all the different versions of chocolate going on at the moment. I bought the one for the summer season but then in the fall, dark brown will be available instead.

I found that before I purchased my Night Nikki in black, I was getting the same type of confusion between various black shades (midnight, night, noir etc..).

SO: I"m not totally surprised over my ? over the chocolate.

But, I"d love to hear more about what you think of the color/leather etc...

Where did you find it?