Compagnon, mini compagnon and zipped wallets, how do you like them?

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
Hi,

I'm considering getting a mini compagnon (loved Lorie's ink one) but am wondering how you are finding it to use. I like the size and the compartments it offers but I wonder if it won't be tedious to have to unzip it every time I want to use it.

There is also a smaller wallet that appears to be newish and is called Portefeuille Wallet. It has a snap or button closure, no zip, but is smaller than the mini compagnon. Does anybody own one of these?

I would like two kinds of wallets, a larger one that can take chequebook etc (perhaps a compagnon or a money) and a smaller one for cash, cards and essentials. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the various models and the zip closure.

Thanks.

I don't know which style I have as I just purchased a pre-loved one. I think it's the compagnon...I LOVE the zipper part of it. I love how it keeps everything enclosed.

I have a mini compagnon and I love it. I don't always zip it, but even when I do it's not a big deal. I do have some trouble getting change out because the coin compartment is deep and narrow. But other than that, it's great!!!

I don't know which style I have as I just purchased a pre-loved one. I think it's the compagnon...I LOVE the zipper part of it. I love how it keeps everything enclosed.

Is it a big wallet, long in shape? Or the more squarish, smaller version? Is it your regular wallet, that you keep cash, cards etc in?

I love my Mini Compagnon! I don't always zip it shut if I'm in a hurry, but it's not a big deal. It's a great size and fits well in my Firsts, but it holds everything I need.