Something for all the TPF ladies...

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Just came up with this - a little hobby of mine I work on over the weekends! Enjoy. FYI, sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I actually thought about it after I was in SB and my most favorite barista started a convo with me by complementing my purse!

The Caramel Macchiato Martini

2oz. Espresso, chilled (decaf or regular)
6oz. Premium Vodka
.5oz Vanilla Syrup (recipe below)
Starbucks Caramel Syrup, to taste

Drizzle a small amount of caramel syrup on the interior sides of a martini glass, set aside. Fill a martini shaker with ice, then add the espresso, vodka, and vanilla syrup. Shake vigorously, then pour into the glass. If desired, drizzle a small amount of caramel syrup over the top and and a small amount around the rim. Enjoy!

Vanilla Syrup

2 cups granulated white sugar
2 cups hot water
4 tablespoons vanilla

Mix sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil for 5-6 minutes, turn off heat, and then add vanilla. Allow to cool slightly, move to a sealable container, and then cool completely before using.

I hope you enjoy it, I am really a martini purist and go by the Hemingway theory when it comes to them - vodka and ice in the shaker, wave the vermouth bottle over the shaker and move on - but I do try new things sometimes. I love a good dirty martini, particularly after seeing SATC when I came of drinking age.