anyone use vaseline on your eyelashes?

Sep 13, 2006
has anyone done this to help condition your eyelashes?
I have been using a mascara base thats been making my eyelashes break off like crazy and i dont think they are as strong as they use to be, so i was wondering if vaseline would be good for conditioning my lashes, as its good for just about everything else!

anyone try this before? heard of it?

I like to use olive oil and I'm extremely careful to remove all of my mascara at night. I would stop using whatever is making them brittle you don't want to lose all of your eyelashes.

Interesting, never heard of vaseline on your eyelashes. I have an eyelash cream I put on sometimes and it's consistence is like vaseline. Maybe I should try it. Claire, any more info???

yes i do and i also put it on my eyelids since i developed an allergy from using kiehl's eye cream and m eyes got itchy. It really works like a charm. I would also swich to a less harsh mascara

I think I am going to start this as part of my nightly routine. Im just going to get a clean mascara spoolie thing and use that to apply it. It kills me to think I would have to stop using that mascara base! Its the best ive ever tried! But I dont want to lose all of my lashes :sad:

we'll so how this goes. I'll keep everyone updated!

Claire, any more info???

I just put a tiny bit on my finger tip and rub it onto my lid down near my lashline, then I *very gently* rub my lashes between my finger and thumb to get the vaseline on and the makeup off. Then I just wipe my eyes with a cotton ball or tissue. I do this before I wash my face and the cleanser takes off the vaseline and whatever makeup it missed.

I've gotten it in my eyes before and it just makes my vision cloudy for a second, but it doesn't hurt or irritate my eyes. I started using vaseline because I heard a makeup artist say it was the best makeup remover EVER. I've had a hard time with makeup removers in the past because my eyes are so sensitive, but this works great for me :tup:

I have actually used this as a replacement for clear mascara in between "mascara-off" days. It really helps condition my lashes and gives a lengthening effect as well :flowers: