Makeover at Old Navy: Faster Fashions a Key to Monthly Collections

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
Looks like Old Navy is going after H&M:

http://www.wwd.com/issue/article/today/121808?page=0

I'm thrilled- the nearest H&M is a couple hours from me and the clothes I've bought there always seem to be of shoddy quality. Meanwhile there are two Old Navys within 10 minutes of me and I've never had a problem with their quality- hopefully they can keep it up on a faster cycle.

The only thing I don't like is the new logo: looks like a total knockoff of HGTV's to me.
012808_24%20(5).jpg

What does everyone think about this? My sister moved to a small town after she graduated college and Ive been there and the style is terrible. I think a lot of this can be attributed to lack of stores to shop and people not really caring about style. There is an Old Navy there though. Do you think with this makeover that people will be introduced to these styles adn be motivated to pay more attention to what they wear? In my opinion, fashion is a lot of fun, the colors and shapes of clothing make me smile much more than a boring tshirt. I am just wondering if perhaps other people who have never experienced these type clothes would start to feel the same way and it would prompt them to go out and begin seeking more of these type items and in a way encourage them to start shopping and buying more?
I guess I say this because when I was in early college, I went to a very small college without much going on, no one really cared abou what they looked like then I transferred to a large college where fashion was in and I became so excited by it all I began shopping more to obtain unique cool pieces and now Im a fashion and clothing fanatic. Magazines, clothes, shoes, handbags you name it.

I love shopping and Old Navy and Target for tops and shoes especially. I have never been one to spend too much on those, I prefer to splurge on jeans and purses. Clothing is getting pretty trendy these days and I wouldn't want to spend a lot on pieces that are only seasonal. I like that Old Navy and Target are carrying more fashion forward items for an affordable price.

I love shopping and Old Navy and Target for tops and shoes especially. I have never been one to spend too much on those, I prefer to splurge on jeans and purses. Clothing is getting pretty trendy these days and I wouldn't want to spend a lot on pieces that are only seasonal. I like that Old Navy and Target are carrying more fashion forward items for an affordable price.

I agree, shasha! I love Old Navy for certain things. When I worked at a place that had to be all black/white clothes, I bought all my stuff at ON because it was so reasonable and always looked decent.
I, too, mostly spend my $$$ on jeans and bags! And Nail Polish and lip gloss....:biggrin:

Can't read the article either. I do think it's great that they're coming out with more fashionable clothes at affordable prices; mainly because I'm also known for splurging on makeup and bags, but buying all my clothes from Target.

I'm kind of excited about this. Granted, I'm trying to wean myself off fast fashion (I love H&M, Forever 21, Zara, and Target but wish I could just buy fewer, higher quality pieces) so I don't know if that's a good thing. But I'm excited nonetheless.