Help! Red patent or Black leather

javaboo

What to wear?
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
I'm debating over whether I should get a red patent Simple pump or one in black leather. So far I have two pairs of red CL's the Red Decolletes and the Wine Rolandos. As for the black I have Miss Boxe, Decolletes, Bourge, Patent Rolande, Patent No Prive, and some more I can't remember at the moment. I want to add a Declic in black leather some time soon.

Do you think red patent simple pumps will be a good colour to add to my collection? I want to wear this every day so do you think its too bright?

PS: I want to get either shoe in the 100mm version.

Black leather Simple's are a style you can get anytime/anywhere, whereas colors like red, blue, green, magenta, yellow etc. aren't produced every season.....so my take is if it's a color you like, get it while you have the chance. I still regret not getting the Simple's in green patent when I had the chance.

I am voting for the red patent. Red is a great pop color and has tons of attitude. I have a few pairs of red shoes and they are easier to wear than you might think. They are my fall back to give an outfit a little punch. I think that they will also be great to wear during the summer. Plus, like foxycleopatra said, you can get the black leather Simples any time. They are a classic shoe and you won't have to worry about missing out on them. The red is something that you have to grab while you can.

I agree with Foxy, go with the red. They are rather rare and HTF so you might regret it later if you cannot find it.
I also wished that I didn't pass on the green patent simples last spring.

Thanks for the advice. Do you guys think the red on the red simple is a great shade of red? It seems to be more of a true red and on the rolandos.

Nettenette: What size are you looking for?

Red Patent!!! I love mine to death! I'd kick DH out of the bed and sleep with my Red Patent Simples every night if I could.

Attachments

• modpics 020 467x350.jpg
    modpics 020 467x350.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 73
Javaboo,

If you'd like a male prospective on this:

Want to be noticed? (more than usual of course) - go for the Red.

If not - go for the Black.

In my opinion you only live once, so go for the red. I may be wrong but it sounds like the red may already be your preference anyway.