Eyeliner Question..

purplekitty

Certified bag addict
Mar 31, 2006
I always apply eyeliner to my top lid, but within about a few hours, it has smeared to under my lower lash line, it looks like morning-after makeup. My eyelids are rather oily, which is what I presume causes the smearing.
Can any recommend a good eyeliner that prevents smearing b/c of oil, and that stays where it was applied until you remove it with makeup remover? Btw, I do not like to use liquid eyeliner, just pencil. Thanks!! :smile:

I've already posted this in another eyeliner thread, but I swear by MAC PowerPoint pencil! Waterproof and it's pretty good with staying put on my oily eyelids!

BUT -- if you REALLY want to go budge-free, I suggest using MAC Liquidlast. I know you said you don't like liquid, but seriously, this will stay on ALL DAY.

Try this, after lining your lids with the pencil, go over it with a eyeshadow powder to set. It will last longer but liquid eyelier is definitely a better choice anytime ! I have the same problem like yours and I swear by liquid eyeliner. I used to only love pencils before but after trying liquid eyeliner, it changed my view totally ! Good luck ! :smile:

I agree with hermesrose, applying an eyeshadow over your liner as a sealent really works! For additional staying power, I add a tiny bit of contact solution to my brush before dipping it into the eyeshadow.

I agree with hermesrose, applying an eyeshadow over your liner as a sealent really works! For additional staying power, I add a tiny bit of contact solution to my brush before dipping it into the eyeshadow.

What contact solution do you use? I have same problem as thread poster, and I can't use liquid eyeliners, I have sensitive eyes that itch like hell, even to the Mac ones.

^^ I second the bobbi brown gel liner...I use it and i love, love, LOVE it! My eyelids are oily, too and this is the only eyeliner that I've tried that stays on all day and all night!