corner care.

tomato4

Aug 3, 2007
a lot of the mj bags on ebay have a lot of wear on the corners and theyre all discolored around the piping. is there a way to prevent that on my new bag? is that what leather conditioner is for? im gonna feel silly if the answer to that is "yes."

actually...no...the wear is from normal wear and bumping, rubbing while being worn.
it's less apparent on darker colored bags but is unevitable im sure...

if he actual leather under the scuff is the same color as the bag, then yes, conditioner can moisturize the booboo...

but on brighter colored bags such as the pinks and greens and whatnot, i'd think you'd either have to get a colored shoepolish and use that on the scuff or a marker or something. leather conditioner wont do a darn thing on a scuff on a lighter colored bag...it's meant to provide slight protection from dirt, water and wear.

if he actual leather under the scuff is the same color as the bag, then yes, conditioner can moisturize the booboo...

but on brighter colored bags such as the pinks and greens and whatnot, i'd think you'd either have to get a colored shoepolish and use that on the scuff or a marker or something. leather conditioner wont do a darn thing on a scuff on a lighter colored bag...it's meant to provide slight protection from dirt, water and wear.

that makes me rethink getting a light pink bag. maybe ill happen upon pink polish...

yes, i am going to have to extra careful with my new cherry blossom MP...i sprayed it with water proofer today and used her for the first time. but i could see it being a more high maintanance bag in comparison to one in black or a neutral color. i think if you're careful, you should be okay...

BTW~ they do make colored shoe polishes too, so that may be an opion in case anything were to happen down the road: http://www.heelingtouch.com/shop/index.php?cat=4&shop=1