i emailed someone bidding on a fake bag on ebay...

freckled

Dec 30, 2007
I just couldn't help it. :cursing:I am so tired of seeing all the fakes (which are HIDEOUS!!!!!) on eBay going for well over 100 dollars, sometimes more. I have bought and sold bags on Ebay and have been very lucky. I can spot a fake a mile away. I feel bad for people who don't know any better and think they are getting the real deal for a bargain. :sad:It gives everyone on eBay a bad name. So, I just did it. Ebay takes too long to cancel auctions, and many times they don't!! I feel like Robin Hood, but I hope my account doesn't get suspended or closed. :sad: What do you think...

I just couldn't help it. :cursing:I am so tired of seeing all the fakes (which are HIDEOUS!!!!!) on eBay going for well over 100 dollars, sometimes more. I have bought and sold bags on Ebay and have been very lucky. I can spot a fake a mile away. I feel bad for people who don't know any better and think they are getting the real deal for a bargain. :sad:It gives everyone on eBay a bad name. So, I just did it. Ebay takes too long to cancel auctions, and many times they don't!! I feel like Robin Hood, but I hope my account doesn't get suspended or closed. :sad: What do you think...

While I applaud your intent, you could lose your account according to Ebay's terms :sad:

I did this to a winner and am now helping her through the dispute thing and helping her find another real bag...

And I got a seller to not sell the fake UGLY nasy bagto a buyer because it was fake...It's all in the "Fakes" thread... It's pretty funny.

IDK I don't mind telling them, I think ebay will only know if the buyers tells the seller the name of the person that told them, and if the seller reports them...

I have done it before. I don't understand why ebay would get mad especially since they will remove it anyways. Maybe ebay should hire someone who it more educated and to go through the listings before they start. And its not like the buyer is not going to buy something, they will, and probably without the problems!

I know how you feel about fakes (I feel the same way), but according to ebay it's against their rules for any member to "interfere" with an auction (including contacting other bidders), and unfortunately ebay can suspend your account for this. It's too bad that it has to be this way because the amount of fakes out there is really getting out of control.

There's a thread in the TPF ebay forum about this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/contacting-high-bidders-of-fake-items-227564.html

I have done it before. I don't understand why ebay would get mad especially since they will remove it anyways. Maybe ebay should hire someone who it more educated and to go through the listings before they start. And its not like the buyer is not going to buy something, they will, and probably without the problems!

That is such a great Idea! One of use should get hired by ebay to be the fake Coach spotter!!

Well, good to know..... I guess I won't do it again. I only did it a couple of times when it was almost over and there was no way ebay could pull it before the listing ended. Ebay does need to step it up and hire better educated people to look through!!!

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that Ebay doesn't take selling fakes serious. I report tons of bags (and I know many of you do too). If they can't keep up with all the reports, they need to hire more people. I wish Coach and other designer bag companies would get on their case more. It's worse than it's ever been and I hope it doesn't turn Ebay into an iOffer.

Those consequences suck! Especially that YOU are the one doing the right thing by telling them. I hope you get to stay on eBay and everything though, and props to you for doing the right thing!