Should I or shouldn't I?

4Kings

I am wherever He is
O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
I love the Watercolour Speedy Exotic and the Watercolour Speedy 35. I am waitlisted for both. My delimma is that about 2 weeks ago I purchased the Griet Damier. Which I do love although it is a bit big.
Well, along comes the pix of the Aquarelle...arghhh...

Please help me decide...
Should I keep the Griet and also get the Watercolour Speedy 35 or
Should I return the Griet and just purchase the Watercolour Speedy Exotic?

I don't want to spend too much so soon into the year. DH is very generous but I should still pace myself...this is only January...;)

BTW, does anyone know for sure if the Watercolour Speedy 35 is a LE?
I was told that both the Exotic and the 35 are LE's. Except that the Exotic would be "more" LE.
I would hate to get the Watercolour Speedy 35 thinking that it is a LE and then finding out that it isn't. Or that LV produced a huge amount of the "35's" and still called it LE. IMO, Limited Edition should also mean Limited Amount. Oops, sorry for the rant.

TIA!

Hmm, well it depends. Do you love the Griet? If you return it, will you be ok with having to wait until you get the other?

If the Griet is too big, like you say, then perhaps you should go all out for the exotic. Lucky you:graucho:

I would definitely return the Griet and get the exotic watercolor Speedy. It is LE as you know, but it also has more ooomph power on the coveted-bag scale. Good luck in your decision!

By the way, the watercolor Speedy 35 is big, too. My SA pulled out a regular Mono Speedy 35 to use as a visual comparison, and this bag is going to be huge. Nonetheless, that did not deter me from waitlisting for it. LOL

I say return the Griet and get the Exotic Speedy. I am so happy LV is FINALLY doing a LE 35-size, b/c that's my favorite size, but it just DOES NOT COMPARE to HOW FREAKING GORGEOUS the exotic Speedy is.

Note: I am biased, I am obsessed with Speedies.

Does anyone have a picture of the Watercolour Speedy Exotic and/or the Watercolour Speedy 35? I looked in the runway LE area but couldn't find anything. Thank you!

Does anyone have a picture of the Watercolour Speedy Exotic and/or the Watercolour Speedy 35? I looked in the runway LE area but couldn't find anything. Thank you!
If you go to the Spring/Summer summary in the reference section you will find a thread that has photos only of these bags. Here is the link to that thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ring-summer-2008-the-summary-pics-193383.html

Back to the topic, I would go for the exotic speedy if you really love it. For $3600 you want to be obsessed with it, if you aren't then I would keep the Griet and get the VVN Watercolor Speedy, that way you get a Richard Prince item but didn't spend a lot of money on something you aren't totally obsessed with KWIM?

I'm still at a loss for deciding. I love the Exotic...obsessing on it...idk about that irishpandabear. Drooling...YES!
I'm afraid that I am just falling into the trap of "get it because it is going to be very rare and limited" instead of do I really love it.
However I am leaning toward the Exotic.

Thank you everyone!

Does anyone know if the Griet Damier is a one time shot? In other words, is it a permanent piece? Do you think I can still get it at a later time?

Also how limited (qty. wise) do you think the VVN Speedy 35 will be?

if i'm not mistaken, i think the griet damier is seasonal. i don't think it was a hot seller, so you can probably get it later on. but that's just my opinion on that hehe.

as for the vvn speedy. it'll probably be like previous LE speedies (mirage, cerises) but will probably sell more than the dentelle.