Why won't seller contact me?

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
I just bought a purse off ebay using BIN. The seller has good feedback, but hadn't appeared to have sold anything in the past year so I asked them to contact me prior to paying to establish that their account hadn't been hijacked and I requested an invoice. This happened thursday night. Yesterday I double checked their feedback and saw they had just left neg. feedback for the buyer of the same bag from an auction weeks ago stating the buyer didn't pay or respond to emails. This gave me hope that they're legit...but I still haven't heard a peep from them!

Maybe it's just me, but if I were selling a $1200 bag, I'd want my money and would communicate immediately with the buyer! Is this normal? Am I the only person who checks my email all the time? I've already passed up another bag I really wanted because I assumed my purse money was invested in this bag but now I'm growing doubtful...any advice?

Are you sending her the messages thru the myebay console. One possible scenario is seller has spam folder/filters and the emails are not getting thru to them. Also another scenario (this is something that happens to me I am seller too!), when buyers send requests for invoice and include a note with it, a lot of times that is not read (the note portion of the invoice) because it is hidden at the bottom of the invoice and rarely do buyers send you messages in that manner. Send her separate messages thru the console and hopefully she will respond.

I would perhaps use the contact info page now and get a phone number and call them :smile:

There could be a legit reason, but you dont want to risk paying for this before you have spoken to them, but if there is a problem with her email, and she is not receiving yours, she may think you are another non payer!.

Keep us posted, and good luck :smile:

When I didn't receive email responses from one seller I needed an answer from after winning her lovely item, I phoned her. Turned out she was traveling on business and was unable to see her email. Anyway, she was terrific and all worked out well. But, if I hadn't taken that extra step it might have turned out to be a horror story. Hope this helps.

I would perhaps use the contact info page now and get a phone number and call them :smile:

There could be a legit reason, but you dont want to risk paying for this before you have spoken to them, but if there is a problem with her email, and she is not receiving yours, she may think you are another non payer!.

Keep us posted, and good luck :smile:

How do I get to the contact info page?

I really appreciate the help and definitely won't pay until I hear from them. Maybe their spam filter is catching all the ebay stuff and that's what happened with the first buyer. I sent them 2 emails through ask a question and requested an invoice once but if I can find their email address I'll try emailing from my email account directly. Maybe they went for an extended weekend vacation...I'll keep you posted.

How do I get to the contact info page?

I really appreciate the help and definitely won't pay until I hear from them. Maybe their spam filter is catching all the ebay stuff and that's what happened with the first buyer. I sent them 2 emails through ask a question and requested an invoice once but if I can find their email address I'll try emailing from my email account directly. Maybe they went for an extended weekend vacation...I'll keep you posted.

Here's one way:
Go into Advanced Search, on the left-hand side under Members, click Find Contact Information, and enter the seller's user ID. The information will be emailed to you.

Also... you said you did a Buy It Now.

Perhaps the seller wasn't expecting it to sell so quickly?? Maybe they have been away from their computer. It could all turn out to be so very innocent, after all.

Well 4 days and 4 emails later, I've heard nothing. I got their contact info (thanks!) and called, but all I got was a business's answering machine. I didn't leave a message. I'm not sure I really want to talk to someone who might convinve me to pay when the seller hasn't responded to my 4 emails an invoice request over the past 4 days. I know that sounds odd, but at least right now all I have is a chance for negative feedback invested, not $1200 invested. I'm worried that if I ever get in touch with anyone and do pay, if there are any problems, they won't be able to be reached. If this is their customer service for someone who's about to give them $1200, I'm scared to see what it's like after they get the money and don't need to communicate with me:shrugs:

I finally heard back from the seller last night, but all they did was send an invoice and email saying "I just sent an invoice" and that they hadn't sold anything recently due to non-paying bidders. They didn't really address any of my concerns in my previous emails. I called the office number again this morning and asked for the person the account was registered to, but they weren't in. I left a message on their machine explaining who I was and left my number, but I haven't heard back yet.

Am I being overly paranoid for wanting real communication with the seller or should I just pay now and hope for the best?

I dont think you are being paranoid, just careful, as $1200 is a lot of money. Something just does not seem right to me. I personally, would not pay until I had my concerns answered...
Good Luck to you.