Multipocket "o" rings...

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
okay ladies...i have a question. i noticed on my new MP, it has the same issues with the "o" rings as my past quilted icey one. They are not 'free range' chickens here....there's a small break in the part under the leather tab with a metal piece that holds it in place. is this a common thing??:confused1: i thought my icey was a mutant, and on of the tabs was broken too, so the "o" ring would shift and reveal the dreaded GAP.... also, the broken metal part scratched the hell out of the finish... do you think this will happen with my MP???:shrugs:

Wow! I wonder how it happened to you twice... I've never noticed a break in any of my O rings, but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Do you have a pic of it?

the construction is like this....as i ended up having to remove the broken piece from my icey MP with tweezers, and bend the broken part down to prevent further scratching...

Attachments

• o ring.jpg
    o ring.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 108
OK Jun, I'm looking at my CB MP and I can't figure out what you're talking about. Sorry I'm so dense! Can you explain again or take a zoomed out pic pointing to the area you're talking about?

okay...well, it's weird, and unfortunaelty i cant really take a better pic of it. does your "O" ring rotate? mine (on both this and my previous icey MP) is 'stuck' so to speak. the ring is not solid. there's a gap in it under the part covered by the leather that attaches it to the bag. tried to draw a pic of it, ilke it it were see-through.

in that gap, there's a metal "T" shaped thing that holds the "O" ring in place and is also atached to the body of the bag, through where the rivets hold the leather piece in place...does that make any sense at all??

luvpurses....in the photo: it's on the side of the bag where the "O" rings are attached to the bag. that's what's in that picture...the body of the bag is on the left and the leather attachment towards the right. i tried to focus in on that lil bugger of a metal piece in between the leather strip and the bag....

^^OK, thanks for clarifying...I think I understand now.

First off, the O rings do not rotate on mine. They kinda rock back & forth if I try to move them, but they can't rotate more than a tiny bit. I looked inside the leather loop and I do see a small metal piece, but I can't tell if it looks like a T. How can you see it so well? Maybe I need glasses...LOL!

Hope this helps!!

^^OK, thanks for clarifying...I think I understand now.

First off, the O rings do not rotate on mine. They kinda rock back & forth if I try to move them, but they can't rotate more than a tiny bit. I looked inside the leather loop and I do see a small metal piece, but I can't tell if it looks like a T. How can you see it so well? Maybe I need glasses...LOL!

Hope this helps!!

OMG thank you!!! i thought i'd been cursed with some sort of mutant MJ MP begifting...
yes, exactly what im talking about!!! i only know it's "T" shaped because i ended up having mine break off in my icey MP and i had to remove it piece by piece with tweezers...

:roflmfao: i dont think you know how happy you made me by confirming this...i was starting to think i was in the Mj twilight zone :wacko:

now im darn curious as to why some MP's are like this and others are full rings....hrmmm