Any new '08 "Wallets on a Chain"?

stacyef

O.G.
Oct 5, 2006
You know, it doesn't matter how much I love a new Chanel bag. My black lambskin wallet on a chain is the most heavily used so far. It holds more than I expected when I bought it and I carry it almost daily (since I often go to the gym after work, a lot of stuff like my cross-trainers wouldn't fit into a jumbo classic even if I were willing to sully my bag in such an obscene manner :smile:

So I want more wallets on a chain. Lately I've seen a brown reissue, a red perforated (I'm not a fan of the perforated red one) and the caviar leather ones, which I don't love either. Has anyone seen any new colors or styles at any of the trunk shows? I want to know what to pre-order if I can make it to the trunk show at Tyson's this weekend.

Hello Stacyef

I posted you some PMs a while ago about your wallet on a chain..... and after our chat, I bought one just like yours too!!! They are great arent they? I am really pleased with it!!

When I went to buy it, the SAs told me that London chanel were also ordering in reissue wallet on chain with mademoiselle lock (it still closes with a stud though, it is just for decoration) in metallic black, brown, silver, gold and I think red?

They were also going to be ordering in a different wallet on chain that had the mademoiselle lock but no quilting (I cant remember what model she said they were called....) but I didnt like them as much.

And then there are the caviar two CCs wallet on chains which I think came in black and white.

Let me know which one/s you end up getting!

Hello Stacyef

I posted you some PMs a while ago about your wallet on a chain..... and after our chat, I bought one just like yours too!!! They are great arent they? I am really pleased with it!!

When I went to buy it, the SAs told me that London chanel were also ordering in reissue wallet on chain with mademoiselle lock (it still closes with a stud though, it is just for decoration) in metallic black, brown, silver, gold and I think red?

They were also going to be ordering in a different wallet on chain that had the mademoiselle lock but no quilting (I cant remember what model she said they were called....) but I didnt like them as much.

And then there are the caviar two CCs wallet on chains which I think came in black and white.

Let me know which one/s you end up getting!

Thanks! Hmm. For some reason, I have 0 PM messages listed (not that I would have noticed them anyway. I lurked here for so long before posting for the first time that I never checked them until today!) The red and silver really appeal to me. I'll let you know what I end up getting if I can find them. Boy, I really wish that the wallet on a chain came in the new metallic blue or purple. I already have a large metallic navy bag (a Marc Jacobs Stam bag, which I carry a lot when I need a larger bag) and I already have one purple bag I have never carried because it never seems to go with what I'm wearing. As a smaller pop of color, though, I think I could get some use out of a purple wallet on a chain.

Oops - i havent PMd you! It was someone else who has the same wallet on a chain as you. But I could have sworn that you have posted a pic of your wallet somewhere on another thread? Am I dreaming that too?

Anyways......

The silver wallet on chain is really nice. A thread I started a while ago - shows a photo of the silver one.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/chanel-wallet-on-chain-please-help-uk-buyer-225755.html

quote=stacyef;5036459]Thanks! Hmm. For some reason, I have 0 PM messages listed (not that I would have noticed them anyway. I lurked here for so long before posting for the first time that I never checked them until today!) The red and silver really appeal to me. I'll let you know what I end up getting if I can find them. Boy, I really wish that the wallet on a chain came in the new metallic blue or purple. I already have a large metallic navy bag (a Marc Jacobs Stam bag, which I carry a lot when I need a larger bag) and I already have one purple bag I have never carried because it never seems to go with what I'm wearing. As a smaller pop of color, though, I think I could get some use out of a purple wallet on a chain.[/quote]

Back when news of the met purple was coming out, I asked about any matching wallets. Not in the U.S. I wonder if Europe/Asia may get them.

I know we're talking wallets on a chain here. The reissue lock sounds really cute. I have a vintage w.o.c. in raspberry caviar and the color fits into the wardrobe very well.

You know, it doesn't matter how much I love a new Chanel bag. My black lambskin wallet on a chain is the most heavily used so far. It holds more than I expected when I bought it and I carry it almost daily (since I often go to the gym after work, a lot of stuff like my cross-trainers wouldn't fit into a jumbo classic even if I were willing to sully my bag in such an obscene manner :smile:

So I want more wallets on a chain. Lately I've seen a brown reissue, a red perforated (I'm not a fan of the perforated red one) and the caviar leather ones, which I don't love either. Has anyone seen any new colors or styles at any of the trunk shows? I want to know what to pre-order if I can make it to the trunk show at Tyson's this weekend.

how do you use the wallat on chain then? :confused1:

the nordies lookbook and the BG pictures someone else posted some time back has some wallet-on-chain in the reissue colours.

Attachments

• 04. SS08 Act I.jpg
    04. SS08 Act I.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 325
  • walletonchain.jpg
    walletonchain.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 323
attachment.php

ooh i will be excited to see the new wallet on a chains that are coming in.. i have the black lambskin one and i looove it. lately i've been keeping it in a big bag, and when i go to lunch or run errands, i take it out of my bag and use it. it's also great for hands free shopping or a night out. it can fit my keys and cell phone.

Yay! I knew I couldn't make it to the NM Tyson's trunk show tomorrow and decided to disappear from work for an extended lunch today instead. They're definitely getting it in the same navy metallic as the larger bag that many TPFers are ogling so I'll be getting one of those (they're definitely getting them but there are no samples of the WOC at the trunk show and no one else had asked if there were any blue ones coming out so the SA thinks I'm at the top of the list). I was bumming because I already have a navy metallic Marc Jacobs bag I love and I don't really need two navy metallic bags...unless it's a lot smaller and weighs about 700 lbs less than my Marc Jacobs bag :P. Also, I decided to stop at the Chanel boutique since it was right there. Lo and behold, they have the silver 255 wallet on a chain in stock so I bought one that's never been touched (They had three in stock and they don't even have one on display! If I had known they had these I'd have bought one weeks ago.) So I scored and will end up with a silver WOC and a navy metallic WOC to keep my black lambskin WOC company! Thanks for the heads up that there's a navy version coming out!