Inexperienced Bag Buyer Needs Expert Advice

mkatz

Jan 21, 2008
:s
I want to buy a soft, leather, interesting chocolate brown shoulder bag. I am so sick of boring bags with no personality. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars, but I have no idea where to begin. Help?

11867631801085155134.jpg

This is a Hayden-Harnett Barnard Crossbody. Hayden-Harnett has several nice shoulder bags - in several sizes. You didn't say what size you were looking for -. I am experienced with HH, and their leather is TDF. Soft, smooshy, divine.

I know others will be along shortly with more ideas - can you give us more information as to what exactly you're looking for? Our House Experts can get as detailed as you want - it's amazing what they'll find for you!

I am not an expert, but I have a few suggestions:

I love soft leather bags as well.
The Isabella Fiore Audra bag comes in a fabulous dark brown color. The leather is very soft and this bag has a lot of personality. You can find this bag on ebay or I believe most of the online department stores.
The Hogan shopper is also a great bag (Any Hogan or Tods bags are very soft) and they make a great dark brown color. I know they have the shopper on sale for $305.00 at the Tods outlet in Cabazon, Ca. It retails for about $950. They will ship to you.
If you call the outlet, ask for Valdir and he will email you pics. of the bags. 951-922-1448.
Hope this helps you.

Try a Linea Pelle bag. They are super soft and squishy and the styles Ive seen are a little different than your normal square or rectangular style. Ive seen some in a really dark saturated brown close to I guess what you may call chocolate and some that are just a normal brown color.

:s
I want to buy a soft, leather, interesting chocolate brown shoulder bag. I am so sick of boring bags with no personality. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars, but I have no idea where to begin. Help?

I would suggest going to www.lpcollection.com (Linea Pelle), hope thats the correct website... but I just bought my very first LP bag, it was on sale... I got the Ashley double strap shopper in dark brown, very squishy leather and stylish. I would definitely recommend it! :love:

Bag Borrow or Steal has some excellent prices on Kooba's. The brown Carla is beautiful, sumptious leather...their price is $220 I think? It's in their outlet.