Handles, which do you prefer?

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Do you prefer the stiff or the fall down?

Example the TOD'S 'D' bag has stiff handles and the Restyled 'D' bag has the drop down kind. I have the stiff and have to admit that I prefer the drop down type better.

Love to hear opinions.

Restyled 'D' bag
98824405_o.jpg

D Bag
92881679_o.jpg

I don't have a preference between stiff or floppy handles, but I do prefer satchels and totes over most other styles. I do have an YSL Tribute bag that's a shoulder bag and I love it.

I don't know why, because in the end it gives the same results, but I don't really like stiff handles!! Whenever I get a bag with stiff handles I always try to "loosen" the leather up so that they'll fall down nicely. *shrug*

Have to say that I prefer the more relaxed handles : ) I don't like anything stiff, well except for other half LOL sorry couldn't resist!!

LOL!:lol: I have to sgree with you there, I do like 'stiff' sometimes...
I do believe that is why I carry that bag so rarely, time to sell and buy the restyled!

The more i think about it, the more I know, I need the drop down (loose) handles.
Cheers,

I think drop-down handles are more functional for shoulder bags. You can let one side of the handles drop down while you dig around in the bag. Not sure if the D-bag is intended for use as a shoulder bag or to be carried on the arm.

I'm not a fan of really stiff handles. Even though I prefer satchels, I always like the option of tossing them over my shoulder, and the stiff handles are usually uncomfortable.

Have to say that I prefer the more relaxed handles : ) I don't like anything stiff, well except for other half LOL sorry couldn't resist!!

Wait... does this mean what I think it means? :huh: :lol:

To answer the question, I have both, but I actually find that slouchy handles stay on my shoulder better. The stiff ones (:shame:smile: always seem to slip off easier.

I agree with Balihai that it depends on the bag though... I wouldn't want slouchy handles on a structured bag and vice versa...

By stiff do you mean the handles stand up when you put the bag down? Some Botkier bags like the crosby and the bianca (I think) have stiff handles like that. I had a crosby satchel for one day, beautiful bag but the handles looked like bunny ears sitting next to me in the car. I like handles that at least don't stand up straight. BTW, some of the post above were VERY funny!