My rescue mission-Part 2-RESCUED!

Jun 20, 2007
Ok, so I made this post about rescueing and refurbishing a red chanel
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-rescue-mission-195367.html

Well, I FINALLY got her back (After 3 months!) and she looks great!
I'll do the before and after here.

I have a couple of issues with the service-first and foremost-the hologram is GONE!
They must have re-lined the bag OVER the original hologram and didn't put in a new one. I'm seriously considering selling her to help fund my purple reissue but now I don't know what to do since there is no hologram. I have all the refurbishment paperwork but is that enough? Experts? Mon and Nathalie-I'd love to hear what you think.

The other issue is there are two small spots on the back that aren't perfect. They're tiny and hardly noticable, I actually had to lighten the pictures to show them. But I'm still a bit disappointed.

I also took pictures of the menu of refurbishment services that maybe we can post somewhere in the reference library?

The bag overall looks brand new and the red color is beautiful...So without further ado...

Here's the before
DSC02809.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

Wow, it looks amazing! It has been redyed yet it still seems like it is soft, not stiff like I have seen other redyed bags. That is quite a steep price for refurbishment though. I couldnt see the total, was it about $700ish? Good to know.

As far as the hologram goes, it would be nice if it had one but it is a sticker after all and they DO fall off. Hang on to all your paperwork from Chanel. Everyone knows Chanel would never refurbish a fake bag. Gorgeous shade of red by the way.

She looks brand new.

I'm no expert in Chanel, but couldn't you call them and ask them if they can put another hologram on it (with a matching card of course)?

I personally, wouldn't buy a Chanel without the hologram, especially if I were to get it from ebay.

Wow, it looks amazing! It has been redyed yet it still seems like it is soft, not stiff like I have seen other redyed bags. That is quite a steep price for refurbishment though. I couldnt see the total, was it about $700ish? Good to know.

As far as the hologram goes, it would be nice if it had one but it is a sticker after all and they DO fall off. Hang on to all your paperwork from Chanel. Everyone knows Chanel would never refurbish a fake bag. Gorgeous shade of red by the way.

The total was $276-not bad at all! That was after tax, total refurbishment costs $265 so all in all a good deal!

It is still very soft and the red is SO much prettier than it started out-a much darker more vibrant red.

She looks brand new.

I'm no expert in Chanel, but couldn't you call them and ask them if they can put another hologram on it (with a matching card of course)?

I personally, wouldn't buy a Chanel without the hologram, especially if I were to get it from ebay.
I'm certainly going to ask. I'm pretty sure they don't do new cards but if they're doing a new sticker, perhaps...

I think the problem with that is don't the numbers tell you how old the bag is?

Eh, it's worth a phone call either way-I'll update when I find out.