Dressage and horse lovers - check this out!

Yep, I have seen that video before and I have watched it a million times because it is so amazing. Thanks for sharing! We need to start a strictly horsey forum/thread on here:nuts:

That is a very popular horse at our house!!! There are a couple more rides on YouTube. Thank you for sharing....That is an amazing pair, really.

Is anyone going to the WEG in 2010?????

When the horse started the skipping I felt my mouth fall to the floor.

Agreed! Horses that change leads each stride amaze me! I know it didnt happen overnight for horse or rider but when it's performed so beautifully it's awe inspiring.

Us race horse people are thrilled just to see a TB change leads when asked coming out of the turn for home! :lol:

this video has introduced dressage to those who have never seen it before. Some controversy has gone on about her age, etc and the tail swishing in the video...but as I digress, a lovely video...of which has probaly been the most seen video of dressage in the general population....love her tempis :smile:

Some controversy has gone on .....and the tail swishing in the video

Although tail swishing is usually a sign that the horse isn't real happy w/ how it's being stimulated, you just never know ... I don't know about the horse or how it's behaved in the past. Maybe that was just a sign that she was bringing her "A" game that day.

I just have big doubts that a perfomance that remarkable came out of a horse that resented how it was being asked to work.

Although tail swishing is usually a sign that the horse isn't real happy w/ how it's being stimulated, you just never know ... I don't know about the horse or how it's behaved in the past. Maybe that was just a sign that she was bringing her "A" game that day.

I just have big doubts that a perfomance that remarkable came out of a horse that resented how it was being asked to work.

I agree. the amount of respect that the horse has to have to perform at that level of excellence, the respect for its trainer and rider only comes from compassionate treatment. if the horse has been mistreated, they will not give what that horse gave. During the ride, the handler is only using his legs, and small spurs, if that. there was mutual commitment on both parts.