Food OMG Tandy Cakes! *recipe and pics*

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
These things are soooooooo good I just had to share! Warning: this is not health food. At all. If you've ever had TastyKake Peanut Butter Candy Cakes, this is like a homemade version :nuts:

Grease and flour a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2x 1" jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet the same size works fine). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For the cake:
Beat 4 eggs until they're a pale lemony color
Add:
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
Continue beating until the mixture is completely smooth.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes (a toothpick should come out clean). Cool for ~10 minutes and spread 1 regular sized jar of Creamy Peanut butter on the cake. If you just drop spoonfuls of it onto the warm cake and let it sit for a minute, it will melt and be really easy to spread! Put it in the fridge and let it cool completely.

Melt 10-12 ounces of good quality milk chocolate with 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil. Pour and spread the melted chocolate over the cake. Let it cool until the chocolate is slightly hardened. Slice into squares and then refrigerate until hardened. Enjoy! :heart:

Attachments

• tandy cakes 0.JPG
    tandy cakes 0.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 5,659
  • tandy cakes 1.JPG
    tandy cakes 1.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 6,457
awesome recipe, im so making these! the BF is going to love me this weekend :smile:
^ Trust me, he is ;)

Elizat- I always thought it was more of a hot sexy affair than a marriage. But I agree that chocolate and PB are perfect together. I think if chocolate had a husband it would be coffee. I don't know why :shrugs:

Don't mind me, I'm running on NO sleep this week :lol:

^^^ hmmm... choc and pb are affair worthy. Together, they are kind of scandalous! Coffee and chocolate are more stable, kind of more "marriage" like, perhaps!

I've gotten enough sleep, but was cooped up all day waiting for ppl to show for depositions that never did and read 3 issues of Family Circle from 2005, so I'm a little loopy tonight too!

Yum! I love Kandy Kakes!! (Yeah I am from Philly!!).

My DH's mom made these when he was growing up so I had actually planned to make these soon, so seeing this recipe just encouraged me more. Can't wait!